Bank Savings Interest Rates-2020

Bangkok bank 

3 months : %1

4,7 and 9 months : 1,375%

12 months : 1,50%

Edit: Previous topic for reference and information:

• Like 2

UOB, 10 months, 1.50%

CIMB 1.5%..speed savings..must have 100K up to 30 million.  But if you are 55+..they do tax free 1.75, 12 month fixed...with monthly payout, up to 1.5 million..minimum 10,000.

• Like 2

What's the account with the best interest rate to deposit about 5 million? I was looking into CIMB Preferred that apparently gives a 1.6% and nice benefits (airport limo, spa and more) but maybe there is something better.

9 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

What's the account with the best interest rate to deposit about 5 million? I was looking into CIMB Preferred that apparently gives a 1.6% and nice benefits (airport limo, spa and more) but maybe there is something better.

Be careful with CIMB Preferred, many of the best deals are for Thai's only, which is why I moved to UOB. But 1.6% for up to one year sounds as good as it gets right now, you'll be hard pressed to find much better than that.

• Like 1

Analysts overwhelmingly forecast a further cut in the BOT rate this quarter, if you're looking to make a fixed deposit you'd better do so before the rate is cut, again.

After letting CIMB take the lead in 2019, LH is now fighting back with 9 months 1.6%, 12 months 1.75% and 24 months 1.80%.

https://www.lhbank.co.th/Rate/Deposit

But they are a PIA when it comes to annual tax withholding certificates, because their system spits out one sheet per month per account. If I talk to a female staff I can usually persuade them to do a manual summary if I come back an hour later, but with male staff they won't. Every other bank I deal with can output just one sheet per account.

I still prefer Thanachart's e-Savings account at 1.5% for short-term savings.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, orientalist said:

But they are a PIA when it comes to annual tax withholding certificates, because their system spits out one sheet per month per account.

Strange as I have never had this from them. Always one sheet per account last 4 years or so although this year I did get 2 from one bank but cannot remember if from them or a different one. 

On 1/27/2020 at 12:13 AM, orientalist said:

Was that at the Terminal 21 branch?

Yes - the only one I am aware of now :wink:

Well, my first year with them I got a summary, the second year a female clerk wanted me to accept 12 pages and then reluctantly did a manual summary, then this year the po-faced male clerk told me one page per month was the only way he could do it. Even crappy Krung Thai can click a button and give me a one-page summary in 2 minutes.

Posted (edited)

SCB EZ Saver. No fixed term. 1.5% up to 5 million baht, paid June and December.

Access via SCB Easy App only. Doesn't work through the browser online banking. No passbook.

Foreigners need to open in branch.

I need to put 400k away for a few years. No immigration requirements. Anything better?

Edited by naboo

Wonder if someone can help before i go off half cocked in the bank.

FTD SCB last contract was for 7 month special 1.8% expired 22-2-2020

Since it was started between 18-5-2019 and 22-8-2019 reading their website i thought it would be rolled over again for same rate and time.

When i updated the book they have rolled it on for 3 months at .6%.

Am i missing something?

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Wonder if someone can help before i go off half cocked in the bank.

FTD SCB last contract was for 7 month special 1.8% expired 22-2-2020

Since it was started between 18-5-2019 and 22-8-2019 reading their website i thought it would be rolled over again for same rate and time.

When i updated the book they have rolled it on for 3 months at .6%.

Am i missing something?

I doubt any bank is going to do that when rates could change dramatically after it was taken out. Even if their web site suggests that it is probably a poor translation. 

Just close it and put it in a different account - the one naboo mentions or the Jad Term which I think is the same 1.5% but can be accessed online.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, saengd said:

Be careful with CIMB Preferred, many of the best deals are for Thai's only, which is why I moved to UOB. But 1.6% for up to one year sounds as good as it gets right now, you'll be hard pressed to find much better than that.

I think the rate has dropped since January.

I always put my money in Krungsri bank, their rates have been quite good but I need to compare with UOB.

Which UOB branch do you recommend?