Medical certificate mandatory for THAI passengers from Covid-19 high-risk countries

webfact

Medical certificate mandatory for THAI passengers from Covid-19 high-risk countries

By THE NATION

800_5b43297483a0696.jpg?v=1583817824

Thai Airways International (THAI) announced on Monday (March 9) that it requires its passengers travelling from South Korea (Seoul and Pusan), China (Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, and Guangzhou), Hong Kong, Macau, and Italy (Rome and Milan), to present a health certificate of 'No Risk Of Covid-19' prior to being issued boarding pass.

In addition, passengers are required to fill the T8 form issued under the Communicable Disease Act BE 2558 (2015) and present to Disease Control Officers at the quarantine office in their destination airports in Thailand.

THAI president Sumeth Damrongchaitham said that the announcement is in compliance with the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT)'s announcement regarding all Thai airlines operating flights in the high-risk areas.

A Ministry of Public Health announcement in the Royal Gazette earlier this month had named South Korea, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Italy and Iran as high-risk countries.

The CAAT has made it mandatory for air operators from countries and territories announced as high risk for Covid-19 infection to take strict measures to prevent the spread of the virus, according to an announcement on Sunday (March 8).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383760

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-10

6 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

does this include those that transit, ( say flying from the us to Thailand) via Seoul or HK?

20 minutes ago I received an email from Asiana Airlines stating medical cert needed. In just 8 hours time (must check-in within next 6 hours), I'm flying from London to Seoul and then connecting on to Bangkok. How are we supposed to get a medical certificate in such little time? As I'm only transiting the airport do the same restrictions apply. Very unclear. I guess I'll find out once at the airport.  

Edited by soi3eddie
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

"This feller is A-OK Number One health!"

Signed,

Dr. David Livingstone.

Already done. Printed off form and filled it in by "The London Clinic" from "Dr. J Smith". What are the chances they will try to check?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

20 minutes ago I received an email from Asiana Airlines stating medical cert needed. In just 8 hours time (must check-in within next 6 hours), I'm flying from London to Seoul and then connecting on to Bangkok. How are we supposed to get a medical certificate in such little time? As I'm only transiting the airport do the same restrictions apply. Very unclear. I guess I'll find out once at the airport.  

No way to know, and it would change anyway.

I might not choose to board at LHR if OZ cannot guarantee passage through ICN on to BKK. Otherwise you'll get stuck at ICN, with no bags potentially. Delay the return while trying to get an acceptable "certificate".

Or maybe opt to join the Thai airlift ex-Korea, and plan a 14-day quarantine in a potentially uncomfortable location (tent under the stands at Chang Stadium in Buriram).

Edited by mtls2005

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

No way to know, and it would change anyway.

I might not choose to board at LHR if OZ cannot guarantee passage through ICN on to BKK. Otherwise you'll get stuck at ICN, with no bags potentially. Delay the return while trying to get an acceptable "certificate".

Or maybe opt to join the Thai airlift ex-Korea, and plan a 14-day quarantine in a potentially uncomfortable location (tent under the stands at Chang Stadium in Buriram).

After much concern it looks like I may just make it back to Bangkok intime (I'm on my scheduled flight below)...  

[Asiana Airlines]
(Correction notice) Regarding the reinforced immigration regulation of Thailand, required documents of health certificate and traveler's insurance document has been exempted only for OZ743/11MAR. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, off road pat said:

And anybody can get infected the moment after receving thay certificate!!!

They can BE infected when they go to get the doctor's certificate, and the doctor could be none the wiser and think they're entirely healthy, when in fact they're carrying the CV... but just not symptomatic yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

There has been report of  a British who transit in HK from London to Thailand. He got the Covid virus.

So yes, it can affect you.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/searo/thailand/20200306-tha-sitrep-15-covid-19-final.pdf?sfvrsn=660fff98_0

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

First-hand reports at TG checkin at HKG today (TG 631 & 639 today) indicate that many forms of medical certification are being accepted. Hand-written, scanned, sent off to Bangkok, then approved for boarding.

Bit of a joke really.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/news/news_announcement/news_detail/certificate-covid19.page

Medical%20Certificate_TG.jpg

Oh that's fun. It generally takes 1-2 days to get a RT-PCR result and they are stating it must be 48h before departure. Have to be pretty well coordinated, matter of minutes, eh?

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

If they are so scared. Just stop to fly to those destinations or ban residents from high risk countries like other governments did!

Ah wait...but that`s LOS! They like to warn, but at the same time welcome everyone = money from risk-country travelers is better than no money.

Thai idea better.

if not have corona can come.

if have can not have.

Why ban people not have it?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And they've yet to explain how any competent medical doctor is going to be able to certify "no risk" of someone having the CV.....

An Englishman, Dr Campbell, does an excellent job of explaining what governments need to do on his YouTube channel. MUST VIEW!

"I've been in medicine for 40 years and I can't determine if someone has (SARS-CoV-2) so how are flight attendants supposed to know?"

• Like 1

I thought Italy was in a total lock down. The only way to escape Milan is using Thai Airways. Today's flight is canceled but tomorrow's flight is very cheap... Probably no passengers ???
image.png.89be7cd9a996730d2aa9d592db9ff110.png

19 minutes ago, Tops said:

Today's flight is canceled but tomorrow's flight is very cheap... Probably no passengers ???

Until individual airport authorities, and/or governments acquiesce, flights have to continue to maintain vital landing slot contracts. Hence, TG is still flying (nearly empty) 2 flights a day (A380 and A359) to FRA.

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thai idea better.

if not have corona can come.

if have can not have.

Why ban people not have it?

LOL. You are definitely the resident Thai troll on this forum, much like Ploydonut on Bangkok Post's comments section. Or are you Ploydonut, because most of your comments are full of holes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gee, and just how would they verify that the certificate is genuine?  Paperwork is very easy to counterfeit.  How would they verify it is timely and that the person has not or is not carrying the virus?  Going to wait 24 days or whatever the supposed incubation period is?  And even then in the last minute one could catch or carry it.

This was posted on the Cathay Pacific Airline website describing travel restrictions to various locations......  Note the Exemptions regarding transiting passengers.   Note the requirement for insurance!

095C83E5-8CF6-43C3-96F2-BD56ED7E4E4F.png

Edited by Tracyb