Samui Covid-19 Free

Visitors from infected countries may have to provide certificate stating they are virus free .

Also passengers arriving with a temperature may be forced to quarantine .

THAI Requires Health Certificate Clarifying No Risk of COVID-19 from Passengers Traveling from Disease Infected Zones 

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/news/news_announcement/news_detail/certificate-covid19.page

• Haha 1

Effective immediately, to be allowed to board a flight to Thailand, passengers departing from Mainland China (including Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR), Korea, Italy and Iran must be under doctor’s supervision for 14 days and present a health certificate, Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific issued 48 hours before travel verifying that they are free of coronavirus (COVID-19). This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.

Further, passengers from the above zones may be subject to a 14-day quarantine upon entering Thailand.

For more information on the new travel regulations, please visit Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health., Link opens in a new window operated by external parties and may not conform to the same accessibility policies as Cathay Pacific

From https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/travel-preparation/travel-advisories/notice-regarding-travel-restrictions.html

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are no cases KNOWN at this time. For all anyone knows there could be hundreds of symptom free, but infectious, people roaming around.

I'm happy to say that where I live no one is panicking and just carrying on as normal.

yes of course , many arrivals some of whom may be infected .. so take all normal precautions .

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

As of yesterday, Bangkok Airways has suspended all flights to/from Hong Kong until October.

They are citing CAA edicts but other airlines are still flying there from Bangkok. (For now!)

To me it sounded like they were very happy to have a reason to suspend a loss leading business (in the current time). Reading the CAA announcements it seems that the onus is on the airlines to make sure that nobody gets on the plane without fulfilling all the new requirements so it might have been a question of "why bother"

• Like 1

there are several gatherings on the island over the next few days rthat involve people from all over Thailand and other countries - they have not been cancelled or postponed - so it could well mn that in 2 weeks or so Samui will have their first cases.

I find it surprising that the local authorities are allowing these gatherings to take place.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

There are no cases KNOWN at this time. For all anyone knows there could be hundreds of symptom free, but infectious, people roaming around.

I'm happy to say that where I live no one is panicking and just carrying on as normal.

Gang warfare between the Maoris and Coconuts.... situation normal. Keep out of the cities. Both of them.

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

there are several gatherings on the island over the next few days rthat involve people from all over Thailand and other countries - they have not been cancelled or postponed - so it could well mn that in 2 weeks or so Samui will have their first cases.

I find it surprising that the local authorities are allowing these gatherings to take place.

Which gatherings are these?

On 3/10/2020 at 6:27 PM, churchill said:

Visitors from infected countries may have to provide certificate stating they are virus free .

Also passengers arriving with a temperature may be forced to quarantine .

THAI Requires Health Certificate Clarifying No Risk of COVID-19 from Passengers Traveling from Disease Infected Zones 

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/news/news_announcement/news_detail/certificate-covid19.page

wow.....they sure drive a hard bargain...LOL.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, Tropicalevo said:

As of yesterday, Bangkok Airways has suspended all flights to/from Hong Kong until October.

They are citing CAA edicts but other airlines are still flying there from Bangkok. (For now!)

hahaha...a bit late now.

3 hours ago, Makhao said:

As far as I know of a hospital here, there are at least two known cases on Samui, but of course this is kept confidential. No one wants to scare away the tourists...

If there are known confirmed cases please keep us updated .

everyone stay home. social distancing.

cancel all travel. wear a mask.

the challenge now as a tourist is to get home safely without being exposed.

very few people will get the virus but many are going to be losing their job and going bankrupt.

a national holiday on business is being considered in the USA. two weeks of complete shutdown.  

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

very few people will get the virus but many are going to be losing their job and going bankrupt.

a national holiday on business is being considered in the USA. two weeks of complete shutdown.  

My much respected friend. I think that everyone around the world will get it apart from those "Hermit Scientists" who hang out in Antarctica or other ridiculously remote places for years at a time.

It will take it's course and hopefully die out in the same way as SARS and MERS and will result in a "Natural Culling" .....We can only hope we are not the chosen victims!.....There is no practical way to stop this!

Many businesses will go bust, but 3M, other Surgical Mask Providers and Biotech companies will have a "Field Day"...

Same Old, Same Old!....Survival of the fittest! :thumbsup::wai:

Edited by Mario666

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

–and...

Ingemann_corona(800).jpg.60172714418209810f6bac890b1d7f69.jpg

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1