Cambodia no longer one of the cheapest places to live: study

geovalin

On 3/11/2020 at 5:05 PM, Nyezhov said:

Its  about $500 a month cheaper for me to live in Siem than it is in BKK, and I have three times the space in a modern, top location, pool building. Your evaluation is based on your own reality, not mine.

Interesting you havent been living there since 2009.

Quit using Bkok for comparison it is way overpriced for accommodation unless you desire a cheap shoebox or house off the beaten path.  Try comparing Pattaya or Chiang Mai and you will see they can not be beat for selection, size or location as there were many units built decades ago when Cambodia was still under Commie lockdown.

30 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I for one am paying about $150 less for 3x the space in Siem vis a vis BKK. How bout you? How much more are you paying here in Cambo?

yeah you were paying "farang" prices in Bangkok.  I can show you the same accommodation in Bangkok for double the cost depending who you rent from.  Now compare Pattaya or Chiang Mai with no "farang" prices and you will find they are cheaper.

Sounds like you were renting one of the new ridiculously prices shoeboxes in Bkok.

Edited by tlandtday

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What other criteria would you use for selecting a place to live?

Beer, pussy, drugs & housing are about it.

Bar scene and girls rental kinda slow nowadays i think anyway if i was you i better stick with the drugs only for time being ????????????

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I for one am paying about $150 less for 3x the space in Siem vis a vis BKK. How bout you? How much more are you paying here in Cambo?

once again   u cant compare SR, a provincial city, ( and 3rd largest city in Cambodia)  to the capital and business center of the country

instead compare SR to CM or Pattaya where accommodations will be less

To each their own.....

Edited by phuketrichard

2 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Quit using Bkok for comparison

why? its where I live in Thailand.

Now compare Pattaya or Chiang Mai with no "farang" prices and you will find they are cheaper.

Why? I would NEVER live in either place.

Sounds like you were renting one of the new ridiculously prices shoeboxes in Bkok.

I can afford it. How bout you?

8 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

once again   u cant compare SR, a provincial city, ( and 3rd largest city in Cambodia)  to the capital and business center of the country

instead compare SR to CM or Pattaya where accommodations will be less

To each their own.....

You've said that already earlier. Repeating yourself doesnt make it true.