Air in two northern locals seven times beyond safe

''We would steal the air if we could as if we're short of breathe.  Only if we're sure that it would have the cause and effect.  If some part of us good, tell me where it is kept'' - Akala

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Post removed.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

13 hours ago, Yom said:

but what are these Provincial Governors doing?

The answer might be a first step.

We know the answer... <deleted>-all.

A bit like the Songkran issue, "we can't stop anyone doing anything".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fxe1200 said:

" The safe limit in Thailand is 50. " It is 25 in Europe. ☹️

The USA's EPA has stated that the short-term standard (24-hour or daily average) for PM 2.5 is 35 micrograms per cubic meter of air (µg/m3) and the long-term standard (annual average) is 12 µg/m3.

The EPA doesn't call these numbers "safe" but uses weasel words "deemed protective of public health" which basically means nothing.

Thailand decided to bump it to 50 (short-term or long-term standard???) although to date I"ve seen nothing about what studies were used to determine that (nor do I expect to ever see such).

(China did something similar and has a separate way of citing AQI levels which are approx. 1/3 of the USA's system. See the Settings option on Air Visual's app).

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

I am a fan of blue skies too but one reason I love them is the fact the do not present  365 days a year.  Our local reservoir is different everyday.

1053113420_2019-2.jpg.09ee179b3f57e13165d5a64f13c0ff15.jpg

You call those trees or twigs?

how I interpret that is 93 air polluted days gives me the variation that I want...365 days of excellent quality is the goal whether blue cloudy or foggy...

I guess you would move away from that village b/c w/o the air pollution, those days are blue hence no variation...

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Haha 1

I was travelling from chiang dao to chai prakon  at the top of the mtn people were burning..  I could not see the mtnss it was so bad  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1