Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I believe it's a new app they are talking about.

Well, it´s March 12th in Thailand already. So if you have to present that App after landing, it should be available already, but I haven´t found any other App. Did you?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Still people out there without smartphones. A store to buy on arrival?

I do not have a smart phone and do not have any plans to get one anytime soon. 

There was an article on a big Thai Newpaper saying "Inbound arrivals face mandatory measures"

compulsory measures for all inbound arrivals, including notifying personal information and contact information such as mobile phone numbers and email addresses as part of steps to control the Covid-19 outbreak.

The measure will commence on Thursday and all personal information for inbound tourists will be kept in the system for 14 days after their arrival.

The information can be provided through immigration form TM8 or an application developed by the National Science and Technology Development Agency that can be downloaded from Thursday.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Looks like you can do this on line too using an electronic version of the T8 form (the app only links you to the web page).  It's a poorly designed web page as it won't let you go past the first screen unless you tell them you've been ill which I'm sure isn't the intent.  A paper T8 form will do for me I think.

https://pandemic.kdlab.ai/

ETA:  It also asks for a jpg of your passport so you may want to prepare that in advance if you intend to use this app/web page.

Edited by treetops

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Still people out there without smartphones. A store to buy on arrival?

Also:

"...Once the app is downloaded, they will have to fill in the required information - name, surname, passport ID , mobile phone number, e-mail address and present them to the immigration officials on duty . The information will be stored for 14 days after arrival." (I did the bolding.)

***So how does the passenger present the completed information to the duty Imm. officer?*** 

Can't delete below:

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

• Like 1

Not sure what I am going to do, i do not own a mobile phone ! Will I be banned from entry as I do not have one now ? Will mass tourists be sent home for having no phone on them ? That's crazy talk it being now mandatory to have a mobile phone for a Thai holiday.

Edited by RichardColeman

my phone is about due to be replaced so i may just load everything into the cloud and buy a new phone after i arrive next time. This could be there way of implementing this as it sounds like what they wanted to do 4 or 5 years back.