Is Thailand actually testing for the Covid-19?

zhounan

Just this Simple question. 

The numbers of contagion are increasing globally. Countries such as France and Germany, which until now were blatantly hiding the real numbers, are no longer controlling contagions. With the United States likely to see a very high increase soon, this will cause considerable drama, given the absence of a national health system for all.
Is Thailand - at the top of the Chinese destinations in Asia - providing the real data of the contagion or is it preferring to limit the economic damage caused by the country's blockade?

21 minutes ago, timendres said:

I am not sure anyone can answer the question of how much actual testing is being performed.

We do know this: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

The data in this link, however seems to refers to PUI (very strange concept) that pass over airports, ports, and borders, or in any case only those who go to hospitals.
So it seems that they only monitor incoming traffic from outside.
When do they start testing seriously within the national territory?
Maybe those who work at the Government Complex can set a good example, and then the universities, police stations and so on...

Don't know about COVID. But, one can't buy an A/B flu test.

My arrhythmia kicked up and my cardiologist is always looking for a "trigger" to blame it on (I suspect it's just part of me). Because I had a cold about a month back, he said he wanted me to get tested for a latent flu. Sent me to their clinic. That doctor said that, with no other symptoms, and nothing current, she didn't want to test. 

A few days later, my cardiologist called and said that he really would like me to get tested. We called 2 hospitals. Neither wanted to bother. Never thought I'd see the day that hospitals would turn down business! 

My point is that, if they are hesitant to do a common test, for common flu, how many are equipped to test for COVID?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Don't know about COVID. But, one can't buy an A/B flu test.

My arrhythmia kicked up and my cardiologist is always looking for a "trigger" to blame it on (I suspect it's just part of me). Because I had a cold about a month back, he said he wanted me to get tested for a latent flu. Sent me to their clinic. That doctor said that, with no other symptoms, and nothing current, she didn't want to test.

A few days later, my cardiologist called and said that he really would like me to get tested. We called 2 hospitals. Neither wanted to bother. Never thought I'd see the day that hospitals would turn down business!

My point is that, if they are hesitant to do a common test, for common flu, how many are equipped to test for COVID?

My experience is that Thai hospitals are always stretched to the max. When visiting Ramithibodi, I never see empty waiting rooms - usually a line of wheelchairs and beds besides, and just going in there to sign a document to confirm you'd like to book a private room takes all day - and then when you arrive they say the room is full anyway (for a recent stent operation)... so it's unlikely they'll have much extra capacity for testing.

• Like 2

Thailand the FIRST country (not at China) to test positive. January 13

Chinese tourist go the USA, Europe etc.= corona everywhere same time. 

Thailand test before Europe, USA etc. They test in January 13. No.

Edited by Yinn

45 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

My experience is that Thai hospitals are always stretched to the max. When visiting Ramithibodi, I never see empty waiting rooms - usually a line of wheelchairs and beds besides, and just going in there to sign a document to confirm you'd like to book a private room takes all day - and then when you arrive they say the room is full anyway (for a recent stent operation)... so it's unlikely they'll have much extra capacity for testing.

Yes; the lobby at Ramithibodi, and other government facilities, can resemble scenes from "The Walking Dead". ????

However, the three I asked were private hospitals. At the first referral, I was the only person in the (no) waiting room.

46 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

But are they actually still testing ?? 

Or are they trying to avoid the real numbers involved ?? Do they have the capacity to test on the level that is now required ?? Unless the heat really does minimise the virus, there is no logical way that the numbers remain so low in Thailand. 

Six new case yesterday.

if not test, how will they know???????? 

I know you will argue and mock me, but the thai have strong immunity systems. That and 40 degrees. 

Yinn is correct. Be happy this news, not argue me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

But are they actually still testing ?? 

Or are they trying to avoid the real numbers involved ?? Do they have the capacity to test on the level that is now required ?? Unless the heat really does minimise the virus, there is no logical way that the numbers remain so low in Thailand. 

I think Thais believe that CV19 = death 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I know you will argue and mock me, but the thai have strong immunity systems. That and 40 degrees. 

Yinn is correct. Be happy this news, not argue me.

From another thread 

After 1 hour again a fan was put on for me then told AFTER ANOTHER 45 MINS don't have corona in issan no worry go to Bangkok if you want a test.

We don't have here."

Yinn is living in a parallel universe maybe !!

Correct is the last thing you are ????

• Like 1

The virus is airborne and no mask will prevent you catching the virus if you breathe the air EXPELLED  from an infected person, SO LETS GET THAT UNDERSTOOD,

as this multiplies across the globe we are only seeing the true beginning,

the high risk people are over 60 smokers as most of the deaths in China are men over 60/65 smokers, children are only 1.2 percent of deaths so they have a far greater resistance to the virus which is a good thing, 

Best anyone can do while this grows is to stay away from crowds where possible, no vaccine will be available anytime soon, so the potential of the spread is very real 5 million could realistically die from this virus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

No point in arguing with you..... When has anybody ever heard a Thai admitting they are wrong?

Answer never.

11 new case today.

i not wrong. 

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

From another thread 

After 1 hour again a fan was put on for me then told AFTER ANOTHER 45 MINS don't have corona in issan no worry go to Bangkok if you want a test.

We don't have here."

Yinn is living in a parallel universe maybe !!

Correct is the last thing you are ????

Bangkok is in thailand.

They have test. 11 new case today.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

No point in arguing with you..... When has anybody ever heard a Thai admitting they are wrong?

Answer never.

I wish my wife would admit it from time to time. It will never ever happen. They can't be wrong because they can lose face. We can't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

The virus is airborne and no mask will prevent you catching the virus if you breathe the air EXPELLED  from an infected person, SO LETS GET THAT UNDERSTOOD,

how effective is a proper mask? 50%? 0%? would the virus expelled from a infected person who was coughing or sneezing travel as far? 100% as far? 25% as far? 0%? what if you feeling sick and you are on your way to the hospital? should you wear a mask? why are masks so hard to find now? who wants them? why?

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Answer never.

My wife does but she's probably the smartest Thai that I've met. 

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

the high risk people are over 60 smokers as most of the deaths in China are men over 60/65 smokers, children are only 1.2 percent of deaths so they have a far greater resistance to the virus which is a good thing, 

Best anyone can do while this grows is to stay away from crowds where possible, no vaccine will be available anytime soon, so the potential of the spread is very real 5 million could realistically die from this virus.

You make multiple false assumptions but I will just add that you forgot these preconditions: diabete, hypertension, heart conditions, immunodepressed and obesity. 

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

The virus is not just airborne, it lives on surfaces picked up by touch. Masks will stop the virus sneezed out and they do stop people touching their mouths and are a reminder to take care touching surfaces.