No Corona Test Nong Khai

LekFAB

I do suspect that the number of cases in Thailand is higher because they don't have enough facilities to test the virus. They can't expect everyone to go to Bangkok to get a test.

LEKFAB, What do you mean by 'exposed to Airasia suspect'? Where did you travel to in the past 2 weeks?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lungbing said:

All this as a result of the poor economy or the virus?  I don't know.

Sounds like business as usual, we go up there every month or so, it's never busy, even quieter this time of year as hot on the river front during the day.

• Like 1

There should be test centres set up and a test process which everyone should be told about.

Of course this hasn't happened (anybody know different?), and people go to hospital and they say No have. Going to hospital will just spread it there, of course you got to go if serious symptoms

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 2:36 AM, 4MyEgo said:

This is how they keep the numbers down and costs, e.g. no need for test, you have something else, based on "their observation", and they don't need to report it as another Covid-19 statistic, could this be why the numbers are so low ?

I learnt a long time ago, private hospitals in my opinion are better than the government hospitals, albeit it there are some good government hospitals, i.e. the bigger ones with training campuses, but the waits are forever and far from where I am.

I had a severe chest infection, but was told I had the flu, two lots of different antibiotics didn't work, yellow/brown phlegm, coughing fits, restless sleeps, weak, confused, dizzy, you are at the end of your flu, you will get better, just rest now, W-T-F, then I found out that there was a private hospital an hours drive away, went quick smart and was all good within hours after being diagnosed with a severe chest infection and narrowing to my windpipe probably due to an allergy, later to be found out to be from the spores of mold from an old black stain on my ceiling where we once had a leak, yes I didn't clean the ceiling, my bad, and I was working at my desk directly under it.

If you are still concerned, take some money with you and go to a private hospital, and don't value your life over $'s, this is one way you are going to find out for sure. 

Best 4,000 baht I spent including meds and puffer, went back a week later, repeat, two weeks after that, repeat and a month later, all good, so the follow ups were also worth it, regardless of cost per visit.

Good luck

Yes its amazing how sick a mould patch anywhere in your house can make you sick. I got something similar from a thick pile carpet which I eventually worked out myself but only after getting pneumonia from the snot factory aka sinuses which pumped out the an iridescent green stuff reminiscent of a Stephen King movie. If you have young kids or infants and a thick pile carpet or any carpet for that matter get rid of it after one year. We now buy a cheap carpet and replace them yearly. Problem is though these types of moulds migrate to furniture so beware of these too if they are material which most are!

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

If you have young kids or infants and a thick pile carpet or any carpet for that matter get rid of it after one year. We now buy a cheap carpet and replace them yearly. Problem is though these types of moulds migrate to furniture so beware of these too if they are material which most are!

Tile and polish concrete floors here. Furniture always at least 200mm from walls and major cleansing once a year to kill any mould.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orac said:

Actually the UK advice has just changed and instruction now is to stay home for 7 days if you show symptoms of the virus.

The latest thinking is that 80% of cases show up in the first 7 days and a significant proportion of the remaining 20% in the first 10 days

As I said already my wife went to a hospital with a 39-degree fever and coughing, they gave her a few tablets and sent her home! For the moment I am in Samui she is in Issan, not impossible she had coronavirus, for a great percentage of people it does not go further than simple flu and they heal on their own, not everyone, far from it end up with serious respiratory problems, so how to know?

• Like 1