Thailand reports 11 new COVID-19 cases  - and wait until you read how the infections occurred

webfact

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yet the Australian F1 this weekend is going ahead !! 100,000 fans in attendance....

Is the rest of the world over reacting or are F1 just trying to limit financial losses by running this race ??

..how come the teams were allowed to leave Italy..let's hope all were members were quarantined for at least 14 days before leaving..makes you wonder.

2 hours ago, NatureFilm said:

Just read Tom Hanks and his wife infected in Australia.  Some days ago I read, many infected people in Australia came from a trip to Thailand. Wonder, how many infected people are really out there in Thailand and for me Pattaya. What frustrates me most is no disinfection spray to buy.

There is plenty of hand gel and alcohol sprays for sale in Thailand just go on Lazada and it can be delivered COD

Be sure Thailand has hundreds, if not thousands beeig infected as not many people getting tested. I wonder what is with all the family members and friends from that party? Tested? Just this makes clear how many more got and get infected.....but just keep in silance and don't show the world and thai people how worse the situation must be in Thailand .

3 hours ago, monkfish said:

Was at a wedding ceremony a few days ago when it came to eat there were no serving spoons everyone just used their own.
Nobody including Cooks wore masks. I did go hungry but survived on liquids.

OK, provided they had the appropriate level of alcohol you should be OK. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Health officials said the group became infected after they had been sharing a glass of drink and a cigarette while at the party.

Sounds like great party, well apart from the infection.

3 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Doubt that would be tobacco only in the 'cigarette', unless they were down to the last one in the packet.

Regardless, still serves as a warning to be careful what you share.

Was it a Shisha pipe they were using or just a good old fashioned Bong for the green weed......But whatever, here we go with the numbers doubling from yesterday, these 11 plus the Tutor for the international school, 6 yesterday.....what are the odds.....

4 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

89851592_536484387277581_7474760610064891904_n.jpg

Assuming that poster is asking for 25,000 baht for a simple mouth swab test. Money first, safety last as usual.  At least that will keep the reported number of infected down which is just what the gov would want.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, monkfish said:

Was at a wedding ceremony a few days ago when it came to eat there were no serving spoons everyone just used their own.
Nobody including Cooks wore masks. I did go hungry but survived on liquids.

surely you all could have asked service manager to provide serving spoons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petedk said:

It was interesting to see how the different countries are taking different approaches to tackling this virus.

In Korea they are doing mass testing to try and catch the virus at an early stage. I read the other day that a Covid-19 test in Thailand can cost up to 13,000 Baht, so some people avoid being tested. Wouldn't it be a good idea for the government to give a large budget to the health authorities and make testing free for everyone?

13000 Baht is a huge disincentive to self present for testing.  Plus, if you were to come back negative, chances are in this environment that you may wish to be tested again.  

Upside is 70% of people infected don't need hospital care, just paracetamol and rest.  Others mild to moderate intervention and very small percent will need intensive care, some will die.  Over 70s need to be vigilant as your risks increase the older you are above that age.  

It was interesting to see how the different countries are taking different approaches to tackling this virus.

In Korea they are doing mass testing to try and catch the virus at an early stage. I read the other day that a Covid-19 test in Thailand can cost up to 13,000 Baht, so some people avoid being tested. Wouldn't it be a good idea for the government to give a large budget to the health authorities and make testing free for everyone?

The government ? With public monies ? What about the Royal House. I read the other day that it was sitting on a $30 billion fortune (just look on any search engine). I haven’t heard anything about the House doing its bit. Have you ? 

With all due respect to Their Highnesses, of course ????

drinking from the same container may be a form of expression of camaraderie but under the current circumstances of the COVID-19 it is nothing short of foolishness.the good thing is that they have been able to contact trace but what about the numerous number of family and working members that could have been exposed to during the incubation period.

6 minutes ago, aussienam said:

13000 Baht is a huge disincentive to self present for testing.  Plus, if you were to come back negative, chances are in this environment that you may wish to be tested again.  

Upside is 70% of people infected don't need hospital care, just paracetamol and rest.  Others mild to moderate intervention and very small percent will need intensive care, some will die.  Over 70s need to be vigilant as your risks increase the older you are above that age.  

of course during these difficult times, and in the interest of the community at large, the tests should be provided f o c.

full support for your suggestion.

There has been a spike in fatal viral pneumonia cases in Thailand, but not Corona virus you understand. 

I live in Pattaya and do not know of anyone in the City catching the virus. I think word would have got out by now. Maybe the climate here is not conducive to the spread of the virus and SE Asia in general seems to have got off pretty lightly.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NatureFilm said:

Just read Tom Hanks and his wife infected in Australia.  Some days ago I read, many infected people in Australia came from a trip to Thailand. Wonder, how many infected people are really out there in Thailand and for me Pattaya. What frustrates me most is no disinfection spray to buy.

no spray is going to help. best form of protection as of know to exercise personal hygiene and regular hand washing with good soap.

• Like 1