Thailand reports 11 new COVID-19 cases  - and wait until you read how the infections occurred

webfact

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd possibly buy that if Thailand had sufficient testing going on

We had a team of guys testing the temperature of the kids of a high school for a few hours in the morning.

That was it. 

2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Another bizarre story. If the man from Hong Kong left the country already then how do we know he is the one who infected them? 

Maybe they traced him on arrival in HK, asked him where he'd been and who with and found him positive or something really incredible like that?

Gosh, they might even have known his flight details!

• Like 2

Here's a report on how hard it was for one reporter to get tested:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/9385/veteran-journalist-compares-thai-covid-19-response-to-south-koreas/

But after coming back to Thailand I had to visit three big hospitals before finally getting tested.

Samitivej tried to charge me US$750 for a test even though I passed the health ministry guidelines of being potentially infected.

Bumrungrad didn’t even allow me to take a test as I did not have any symptoms.

I finally managed to get tested at Bangkok Christian Hospital for US$150.

That Bangkok Christian Hospital was also where the Bangkok restaurant owner was tested positive but is stuck in a limbo awaiting confirmation from the government lab. It seems there's a crack in the system where you can get actual test results from an independent lab, instead of being backlogged for all eternity. 

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

And the "office workers, the ladies of the night" will continue having sex for money.

Not always.  I was once paid for my service of a more technical nature with a 1912 Officers 1911 Army Serial numbered Cal 45.  I gladly took it instead of a check.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Maybe they traced him on arrival in HK, asked him where he'd been and who with and found him positive or something really incredible like that?

Gosh, they might even have known his flight details!

now what would be incredible is if they had found him positive and then let him travel on a plane back to Hong Kong. Very unlikely right

6 hours ago, petedk said:

It was interesting to see how the different countries are taking different approaches to tackling this virus.

In Korea they are doing mass testing to try and catch the virus at an early stage. I read the other day that a Covid-19 test in Thailand can cost up to 13,000 Baht, so some people avoid being tested. Wouldn't it be a good idea for the government to give a large budget to the health authorities and make testing free for everyone?

What when there's money to be made!

52 minutes ago, Timwin said:

Older flu viruses do not spread well with temperatures around 30 C, probably the same for Corona. I think that is why we are not seeing an epidemic in Thailand. 

It's spreading fairly rapidly in Australia, and it's still quite hot.

2 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

I wish you were correct.  We have been spared so far but it probably won't last.

If we've been spared thus far, what's with the $18 billion stimulus package?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petedk said:

It was interesting to see how the different countries are taking different approaches to tackling this virus.

In Korea they are doing mass testing to try and catch the virus at an early stage. I read the other day that a Covid-19 test in Thailand can cost up to 13,000 Baht, so some people avoid being tested. Wouldn't it be a good idea for the government to give a large budget to the health authorities and make testing free for everyone?

But that would cut into the money for submarines 

I think the question is what have they done in China.

The new cases are suddenly so low it’s unbelievable.

They’re tearing down the expident hospitals and open up traffic and factories.

Have they found a fix?

Do they vaccinate people?

Only 80.000 out of 11-16 million was infected and the numbers are close to zero!

https://virusncov.com

Check the diagrams for China on this site and think.......

(just click on the country name to get the details)

48F015F6-6679-4B53-8566-3F6EC22286B1.png

Edited by JohanB
Attached picture
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That would not only be an act of benevolence, but it would show that they actually cared about the masses. The lives, well being, and safety of the masses are only a consideration, as far as how it might impact the image of the nation, and the fortune the army makes off of tourism. It ends there. South Korea has a real, and competent government. 

How many ex Presidents of S Korea are or were in jail for corruption? Two off the top of my head.

Yup, really competent and much less corrupt etc etc....

Just now, Traubert said:

How many ex Presidents of S Korea are or were in jail for corruption? Two off the top of my head.

Can they still be MPs or future prime minsters after their convictions like in Thailand? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The "freelancers," not mentioned in the article, some office workers who make some extra money at night must have infected many others.

And these people could have given their virus to others and so on...

Why can't they be honest?

The real numbers must be much higher than the numbers in Italy. 

How many Isaan ladies from bars came home with the virus?

Does anybody know that? I doubt it. 

Quite a stretch of logic there. So many questions about people who were not mentioned in the OP.

11 hours ago, khunpa said:

Countries that are on top of this are testing more people daily than Thailand has done from the very beginning.

Completely ignoring the advice from WHO and following the examples from other countries, will come back and hit Thailand hard. Already over 2.000 people admitted at hospital and waiting for the test results. Horrible handling of this.

But God forbid, think about the $ generation from testing and isolation. 

Thailand has to make money somehow..

(A US source says the isolation cost is around $84,000 for 14 days)

Edited by metisdead
Trolling meme removed.

Does anybody have info how many people were tested for Covid-19 in Thailand? Cause for example Croatia stands at 16 cases while tested only 350 people, while Slovenia with around 3000 tests had confirmed 82nd infection, so those news about how many infected if there are very small number of tested is not credible. 

Edited by NB1986

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

now what would be incredible is if they had found him positive and then let him travel on a plane back to Hong Kong. Very unlikely right

The clue was 'on arrival in HK....'

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The name of this thonglor nightspot is critical.....the place needs to be shut

and disinfected and contact tracing done.

Oh wait, whats contact tracing in Thai? No hab.

I heard that a fruit seller at a popular market espcially with chinese tourist got infected and is now in gov hospital the shocking thing is the market is still open as if nothing happened! Its maddness. Contact tracing here = coverup all traces? 

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Can they still be MPs or future prime minsters after their convictions like in Thailand? 

One got 24 years so I doubt he'll be anything but worm food when he comes out.

5 minutes ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

I heard that a fruit seller at a popular market espcially with chinese tourist got infected and is now in gov hospital the shocking thing is the market is still open as if nothing happened! Its maddness. Contact tracing here = coverup all traces? 

It was the Common Thonglor

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/11-partying-thais-get-covid-19-bts-hand-gel-thief-busted/

Just now, Traubert said:

One got 24 years so I doubt he'll be anything but worm food when he comes out.

You didn't answer my question.

Again, can South Koreans become MPs or Prime minsters after being convicted of serious crimes, like MPs in Thailand can? 

18 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I think there is a vast gulf between corruption and competence. They do not necessarily co-exist nor are they completely separate qualities. Many nations have had brilliant leaders who were corrupt. And Thailand has a marginal leader who shares the same. 

• Thanks 1