Visa on arrival, visa-free entry cancellation on hold

Visa on arrival, visa-free entry cancellation on hold

By The Nation

800_169339de3effcdf.jpg?v=1583996521

The government has put on hold its plan to suspend visa on arrival (VoA) for 18 countries and visa-free entry from high-risk areas (South Korea, Hong Kong and Italy) after an urgent meeting on Thursday (March 12).

The Department of Consular Affairs director-general, Chatree Atchananant, said that the matter will be discussed further at a Cabinet meeting on March 17.

He said that in the cases of citizens of countries to whom Thailand provided tourist visas for up to 60 days, that could be suspended but in the cases of some countries such as South Korea, Hong Kong or Russia, some details on the agreement needed further scrutiny.

“The cancellation announcement on March 11 could be applied to countries we offer tourist visas to, meaning we can stop it immediately,” Chatree added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383919

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-12
  • Sad 1

Flip-Flop, Fish out of water.  Just think about the earth spinning in circles as it does, this government spins so fast from one side to the other that everything should just bounce off of them from the sheer speed of denial and change.

• Thanks 1

I rarely comment on stuff here but l would imagine that if there are any tourists left they'll all be heading elsewhere after the continuous daily changes that no one can keep up with. 

2 hours ago, johng said:

Why can't they make their minds up..who the hell can follow these  flip flop gymnastic decisions ?

doesnt it hurt the image of Thailand ?

It hurts the image of thailand more than the whole virus....they really can't make up their mind and think the whole world is following their decisions day by day?

• Haha 1

Hong Kong (HK)  visitors to Thailand have been asked for a medical cert.  proving not infected with corona virus 19 ,and a US$100,000 medical coverage before airlines can isuue boarding pass . this was reported in HK news one hour ago 1900 Thai time ,now after reading ubjone post is even more confusing .Can someone teach or inform TAT to give out accurate info.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charles So said:

Hong Kong (HK)  visitors to Thailand have been asked for a medical cert.  proving not infected with corona virus 19 ,and a US$100,000 medical coverage before airlines can isuue boarding pass . this was reported in HK news one hour ago 1900 Thai time ,now after reading ubjone post is even more confusing .Can someone teach or inform TAT to give out accurate info.

Since even the Thai infantile government lost track of what they finally decided, we can only hope to see reports from people arriving today & tomorrow from HK/CN/Italy/etc... Thanks in advance.

You can't just ban things overnight. There should be a 2 week notice or at least a week, so people could make the required changes. It looks like not very smart people take decisions there. Therfore there is such a circus of things being adjusted every other minute.

I found this on the Facebook page of an airline. 

I cannot read thai but as per English translation , it appears that visa exempt entry for all countries is suspended.

I hope someone who reads thai can clear it.

Read point no 2 in English notification and match it with thai.

My point here is that if they were suspending just a few countries from availing visa exempt entry, they would have named them. But they didn't name them in this notification.

FB_IMG_1584023004485.jpg

FB_IMG_1584023002507.jpg

Edited by lovethai123
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lovethai123 said:

...My point here is that if they were suspending just a few countries from availing visa exempt entry, they would have named them. But they didn't name them in this notification.

The Order of the Minister of Interior No. 1/2563 names the affected visa exempt countries indirectly, in article 2. Find the Ministry of Interior's Announcement dated 4th March B.E. 2562 (2019) and the answer should be in sections (21), (46) and (55) of article 2 of that Announcement.

3 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

I found this on the Facebook page of an airline. 

I cannot read thai but as per English translation , it appears that visa exempt entry for all countries is suspended.

Since this announcement was made nearly 24 hours ago, it is grossly out of date. As of right now, it appears that there will be no changes to visa exempt entry or visa on arrival until after a cabinet meeting March 17. Naturally, there will be announcements contradicting this over the next few days.

• Like 1

Please continue here:

Visas on arrival being denied 18 nationalities

By The Nation

(Update) Beginning on Friday (March 13), visitors to Thailand from 18 countries will no longer be eligible for visas on arrival, Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda announced on Thursday.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1153212-visas-on-arrival-being-denied-18-nationalities/

//CLOSED//

Admin