China says 'immoral and irresponsible' U.S. officials shift coronavirus blame

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

China’s efforts to slow the spread had bought the world time to prepare against the epidemic, said Geng.

He forgot to mention that this was created by China, so here is the sentence again:

"China’s efforts to slow the spread had bought the world time to prepare against the epidemic created by China, said Geng."

The world thanks China for it's generosity, responsiveness and general behavior that made this situation possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have no idea on the real origin of the virus, and neither does anyone posting here.

But I know what I can read:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/scientists-strongly-condemn-rumors-and-conspiracy-theories-about-origin-coronavirus

Trump and Xi and those that work for them, I don't believe a bit. But independent scientists, I'm more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

here's from someone in the know..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

I agree with Chinese authorities.

The Chinese authority is acting the same way as most countries in handling this crisis. They will have balance between addressing the situation to mitigate its negative outputs and protecting their leadership from public criticism. Juggling act between maintaining CCP legitimacy and need to sufficiently inform the public on the health threat. However they were wrong to arrest Dr Li and other like minded doctors who warned over social media platform of possible outbreak in December. By 1st Jan, the Wuhan seafood market was shut down and by 25 Jan the province was quarantined. At that time there was about 600 infected people and 17 deaths. Whether the CCP was slow in imposing strict lockdown is a matter of debate. 

China strikes back!

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday that the U.S. military might have brought the coronavirus to the Chinese city of Wuhan, which has been hardest hit by the outbreak.

“When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals? It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!” Zhao tweeted in English.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-ministry/china-government-spokesman-says-u-s-army-might-have-brought-virus-to-china-idUSKBN20Z2HJ

The worse the CV situation gets around the world, the more nutty things are going to become...  Perhaps this guy's tweet was principally aimed for Chinese domestic propaganda purposes.

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is going to turn into a financial issue in the coming years.

That'll be the biggest hit I think. Short term it's volatility and panic, followed by recessions in mid-term, but long-term, if corona really kills a large portion of over 65's it'll be a blessing to the countries with under water pension plans. Brace for a rather interesting decade.

• Like 1

The Corona  and SARS virus came from somewhere.  The early response from China

was not a good one,  and maybe the leadership will pay heavily when this present

situation is over. Maybe China leaders will not be the only ones in trouble, Right Trump, or

hiding PM Trudeau.  Ka Sara Sara.

Geezer

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

With sick statements like this, the Commies might not realise it, but they are uniting the west against China.

They are copying what they see in Western media without understanding Western culture, which says never interfere with a quarrelling couple. They will turn on you. Maybe a good time to ask if the world should continue tolerating the unfair behaviour of the CCP just for market access.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

I refuse to follow China, WHO and the liberal media’s descriptive on this Wuhan Virus.  COVid-19 obliterates origin.  Wuhan is clearly the origin.

The conspiracy theorists do have their points. After all, the US gov had admitted that they have lumped together COVID-19 cases with 2019 flu numbers. No thanks to no testing kits or the most likely reason - didn't even knew that a new virus had emerged that caused flu-like symptoms.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

And from the 110 participant nations only one (1!) had any infections for the next 2 months.

The commie trolls are grasping for thin straws. 

This is the China Wuhan Virus.

Don't forget, if the world is not alerted about the emergence of a new virus, most cases would be dismissed as the seasonal flu. After all, the huge majority would not die from it, even without any treatment. This is proven in South Korea where only around 0.8% patients die. The number is small because of South Korea's very extensive testing.

13 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

And from the 110 participant nations only one (1!) had any infections for the next 2 months.

The commie trolls are grasping for thin straws. 

This is the China Wuhan Virus.

Also, there were comments that said that the US participants were more interested in enjoying themselves by going out sightseeing and shopping than participating in the games.

4 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Don't forget, if the world is not alerted about the emergence of a new virus, most cases would be dismissed as the seasonal flu. After all, the huge majority would not die from it, even without any treatment. This is proven in South Korea where only around 0.8% patients die. The number is small because of South Korea's very extensive testing.

I know how you feel....

Screenshot_20200313-163306_Photos.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Also, there were comments that said that the US participants were more interested in enjoying themselves by going out sightseeing and shopping than participating in the games.

Nice try, comrade.  You own Wuhan virus.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2020 at 6:30 PM, Chrysaora said:

I see, the virus comes out of China.  China covers it up by stalling for well over a month.  China doesn't let anyone in from the USA to help them or survey the situation, and no one wants to talk about the FACT that the only level 4 biolab gifted from the French is located in Wuhan.

What a coincidence.  Yeah, a lot of blame shifting going on.

The trump administration screwed up, but this is worth looking at

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

And the most likely place young American athletes usually shop is at wet markets.

They were probably hobby zoologist.

Desperate times for commie trolls 

Not surprising if some of the 172 participants and officials have visited the market if their hotel was only 500 meters away from the market and if they have never seen a wet market before in their lives. Anyway, it was said that 5 of them fell ill and was hospitalised in a Wuhan hospital but they were quickly removed and sent home.

10 hours ago, Selatan said:

Well, the US army did participate in the 2019 Wuhan World Military Games. Look at their performance:

2019 Military World Games

Looks like they have sent a bunch of sickly participants to the games. Incidentally, they have stayed at a hotel very close to the Huanan Seafood Market, which many Covid-19 patients had supposedly caught the disease from.

9 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Nice try, comrade.  You own Wuhan virus.

Not me. I'm a Malaysian. Anyway, the conspiracy theorists do have some science on their side:

Decoding evolution and transmissions of novel pneumonia coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) using the whole genomic data

To make a long story short, that paper talked about China having only Group C haplotypes whereas the US have the ancestral groups A and B and also descendant groups D and E, which led to the idea that C might only have come from the US.