Trump met Brazilian official with coronavirus, but says 'not concerned'

webfact

Thank you, Mr. President. Going along with the sheep and participating in the dem-panic is no way to set an example on how to handle a pandemic. There is little cause for alarm. Thinking, rational people understand this. Thanks for setting a good example.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:03 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess you think if people walk away after 19 minutes then all is fine, correct?

Yeah, sure, I won't try to explain it to you...

We are talking about a specific meeting. How long was it? Did the participants wash their hands before? After? Sorry, but rational people will think things through before spouting ad hominem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

We are talking about a specific meeting. How long was it? Did the participants wash their hands before? After? Sorry, but rational people will think things through before spouting ad hominem.

What would you do if someone tells you today that the guy who was sneezing in the lift yesterday has the virus?

Would you think: I was in that lift not even for a minute. And I washed my hands maybe 30 minutes later. So I don't have to worry. Yeah, sure, or maybe not?

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

What would you do if someone tells you today that the guy who was sneezing in the lift yesterday has the virus?

Would you think: I was in that lift not even for a minute. And I washed my hands maybe 30 minutes later. So I don't have to worry. Yeah, sure, or maybe not?

I wouldn't worry. I'm not elderly and have always been blessed with a strong immune system. I'd also refer to the statistics of percentage of people who are exposed who actually display symptoms and the percentage of those who die. Very little if anything to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I wouldn't worry. I'm not elderly and have always been blessed with a strong immune system. I'd also refer to the statistics of percentage of people who are exposed who actually display symptoms and the percentage of those who die. Very little if anything to worry about.

Your lack of empathy for those most at risk is trumped only by your lack of knowledge.  The actual mortality rate is being determined right now.  i would err on the side of caution....

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, JHolmesJr said:

The media.....clutching at straws yet again...fervently hoping that

Trump gets the virus so they can spin whatever demented fantasy

accusation they have in mind.

No, this is a case of the leader of the free world first telling people that this disease is nothing and that it will be gone after a few have been infected.

He now is being reckless in both his leadership and personal health by not being decisive.

This man is a failure to his people in the very time they need him. I am dumbfounded that anyone could attempt to condone his appalling actions on this matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dananderson said:

Your lack of empathy for those most at risk is trumped only by your lack of knowledge.  The actual mortality rate is being determined right now.  i would err on the side of caution....

Specifically, what lack of knowledge are you talking about? And specifically, how does that relate to my response?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dananderson said:

Yes it's too early to know with certainty but the early estimates are between about .5 percent and 4 percent with even the lower end being much higher than seasonal flu. Another point is that it will be different in different countries based on demographics and health care delivery. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it's too early to know with certainty but the early estimates are between about .5 percent and 4 percent with even the lower end being much higher than seasonal flu. Another point is that it will be different in different countries based on demographics and health care delivery. 

The mortality rate? Meh. Swine flu mortality rate was 0.02%, but Obama still managed to have 12,000 Americans die as a result of his bungling the swine flu. So obviously, the 12,000 dead Americans and their families aren't ever concerned with mortality rate. Food for thought.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dananderson said:

The Obama administraition declared a public health emergency in April of 2009 with only 20 infections and no deaths.  (Swine flu or H1N1 is nowhere near as infectious as covid-19.)  Withiin 2 weeks the USA was shipping H1N1 tests to the world saving untold numbers of lives.  Systems and planning were put in place to help such efforts in the future.  Donald Trump removed  these and now the world will suffer as a result.   I live in the Pacific northwest and covid-19 is racing thru my neighborhood.  I Talked to a nurse who works at our local hospital and there are 20 covid positive cases there that the cdc will not let be reported..  I have made an appointment to give blood because i know there will be a shortage.   

It appears Obama's steps taken didn't measure up. 12,000 dead Americans agree with me. Perhaps instead of worrying about  "the world", he should have focused on the United States of America. As the virus came from Mexico, it would have been simple to restrict traffic and save thousands of American lives. Funny, I don't recall any panic at all as the body count went higher and higher when Obama was president. Gee, I can't imagine why!

Now... obviously, Trump was correct to not be worried about not having coronavirus, given the negative test results.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I know the chance to die is not high. But I also wouldn't want to be that guy who spread the virus in the office or at home.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know the chance to die is not high. But I also wouldn't want to be that guy who spread the virus in the office or at home.

Yes, that's what the world needs now. People, indeed the majority of people, taking responsibility for their actions from the lowest status person to the current highly unusual occupant of the highest office in the planet. Not only trying to protect ourselves and those we care about but about strangers, indeed foreigners, as well. 

We are truly all in this together. It's not about borders.

That said, the chance to die from this may be higher than you think.

This Coronavirus Is Unlike Anything in Our Lifetime, and We Have to Stop Comparing It to the Flu

Longtime health reporter Charles Ornstein says that comparing the novel coronavirus to the flu is dangerously inaccurate. Not one public health expert he trusts has called that comparison valid. Here’s why.

https://www.propublica.org/article/this-coronavirus-is-unlike-anything-in-our-lifetime-and-we-have-to-stop-comparing-it-to-the-flu

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:34 AM, jingjai9 said:

One would think Trump might lead by example and get tested. I guess he is so used to a life where rules and regulations do not apply to him. 

Trump got tested and the test came back negative. So obviously, his lack of concern was proven to be wise.

34 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Trump got tested and the test came back negative. So obviously, his lack of concern was proven to be wise.

Nonsense. His lack of concern turned out to be lucky. How is it wise to engage in a practice such as handshaking before you know your status? Since most people presumably aren't currently infected, would it be wise for everyone who turns out not to have been infected to have engaged in risky behaviors? That's just plain nuts.

My apologies, but is it possible that he's got a very serious Hepatitis C, or D?

Please look at this photo and his eyes. His skin color is reddish/ yellowish.

He looks like somebody had used a spray can and he only closed his eyes for the spray duration. The fake hair and teeth top it all. 

He looks like a pandemic to me, sorry. 

Or does he have a new Make Up artist?