Coronavirus pandemic 'could be over by June' if countries act, says Chinese adviser

webfact

On 3/13/2020 at 9:53 AM, Creasy said:

Ive got a hankering for some bat soup. 

Trying to fit something around that re' stock markets.

Can't get anything better than bankering for some hat soup.

Any improvements out there??

Collectives for bats are cauldron and hanger, depending what they're doing. Not sure what they call them in laboratories.

Edited by overherebc

8 hours ago, saengd said:

In the Caribbean countries, bat stew is very common, it's delicious. Alligator steaks in the US, especially in Florida have been on the menu for centuries as has buffalo meat in the West, even in 5 star hotels. African countries eat monkey brains, south Americans eat monkey steaks, Brits. eat eels, the French eat horses (think Flicka), everyone used to eat dog but then the West stopped, the French eat frogs legs, Thai's eat rats, Ossies eat 'roo's. Zebra, antelope and ostrich are the norm in Africa, wild boar and yak in Russia.

Do they also handle the animals without any hygienic precautions, butcher them out in the open and with bare hands? Where I come from they eat f.ex. bear, but it's regulated so tightly if you even considered sourcing it from the wild the authorities would instantly go bat <deleted> crazy (pun intended). Wet markets are a completely unknown thing.

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Do they also handle the animals without any hygienic precautions, butcher them out in the open and with bare hands? Where I come from they eat f.ex. bear, but it's regulated so tightly if you even considered sourcing it from the wild the authorities would instantly go bat <deleted> crazy (pun intended). Wet markets are a completely unknown thing.

What would you guess the level of health management and sanitation is in African animal markets!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

You are confusing wet markets with wild live markets. Taste for the exotic is not only confined to China and Asia. Floridians eat iguanas, alligator ribs and also muskrat, bobcat and rattlesnake. You can order these exotic on the internet, 

On 3/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Could have been over by February if China had acted straight away !!!

Hypocritical <deleted> s ????

Could have not even started, if Chinese could stop eating strange stuff.

11 hours ago, saengd said:

As usual nobody has really thought is through!

Some of you guys should get out more, travel, you know, see the world, experience different cultures.

In the Caribbean countries, bat stew is very common, it's delicious. Alligator steaks in the US, especially in Florida have been on the menu for centuries as has buffalo meat in the West, even in 5 star hotels. African countries eat monkey brains, south Americans eat monkey steaks, Brits. eat eels, the French eat horses (think Flicka), everyone used to eat dog but then the West stopped, the French eat frogs legs, Thai's eat rats, Ossies eat 'roo's. Zebra, antelope and ostrich are the norm in Africa, wild boar and yak in Russia.

In the UK we eat chicken beef and pork and once a week, cod....yawn!

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/09/why-we-only-eat-certain-animals/571255/

It’s the markets ???? Not what you want eat-did you watch it, or do you have a fever?

21 hours ago, rvaviator said:

This US guy lives and work in China - He is worth watching to get a different perspective on the situation in China.

Very good video. While I knew that the doctor was silenced, it was not clear why. The video makes a strong argument for why that happened, and it makes sense. As he says, we will never know if the decision was the correct one, but it seems a logical one.

On 3/14/2020 at 3:59 PM, khunpa said:

Could have not even started, if Chinese could stop eating strange stuff.

What's with this stupid obsession that only eating strange stuffs can start an epidemic? Heard of rabies? Apparently, you can catch that virus if an infected bat bites you. The Nipah virus outbreak in India in 2018 was caused by the consumption of fruits contaminated with bat saliva. I bet a bat can transfer some viruses to you if it accidentally flew into your face, or its <deleted> or urine drops on to your face as you walk under a tree.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:02 PM, saengd said:

As usual nobody has really thought is through!

Some of you guys should get out more, travel, you know, see the world, experience different cultures.

In the UK we eat chicken beef and pork and once a week, cod....yawn!

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/09/why-we-only-eat-certain-animals/571255/

Eating eels takes me back to my old nan ( rip) who lived in the east end and used to send me round the pie and mash shop and she always ate stewed eels.

They used to have them live in a big tank in the window.

Last time I drove past there it's a halal chicken take away now.