Should I visit Philippines instead of Thailand?

Jan0

48 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The Phils "food is bad" comments are clueless.

Probably have never been there.

It is like saying, you only will eat bugs and scorpions in Issan.

There is a historical western presence in Philippines.

There are Western, Euro, Asian, fast food places all over the place.

"The food" is not a valid reason not to go there.

Hey why u now posting the truth?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

The Phils "food is bad" comments are clueless.

Probably have never been there.

It is like saying, you only will eat bugs and scorpions in Issan.

There is a historical western presence in Philippines.

There are Western, Euro, Asian, fast food places all over the place.

"The food" is not a valid reason not to go there.

I don't think so. Like I said earlier, there are some good Pinoy dishes, like lechon, some barbecued fish, Sisig, Beef salpicado etc, but then unfortunately they also do Spaghetti in ketchup and hot dogs, overcooked noodles, and there is generally a reason why their cuisine is regarded as the worst in SE Asia. 

There are excellent Pizza, Chinese and Mexican restaurants, but those tend to be the more expensive restaurants, and you really have to know where to go.

The food may not be a valid reason no to go there, but it is certainly something to consider if someone is going there for a while.

There's no utopia on earth, there're pros and cons in each country.

Thailand

Pros: Tastier food, better infrastructure

Cons: Pollution, difficult immigration visa (TM30, 90 day report, endless documents), language barrier is very high, hot as hell in summer months

Philippines

Pros: Easier immigration visa, better beaches, almost no language barrier for English speakers, not as hot as Thailand during summer months.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gonesouth said:

lol..thai girls are born to cheat...the most in the word and they will leave you for more always...58 percent...i always laugh when i see what people say here...just can not admit truth.. how many lives have been taken or or been ruined by thia girls...there was a time when thailand was good but all is gone now .. i understand hard to leave there but it is just time before farnags will wake up...face it you are just retirement plan for girls there but you make yourself believe something else ...and the gov does not want you there and will keep finding ways to make you go.... philippines hard to say but for sure better people...girls more faithful and will hang in there with you...yes not same as thailand in times but ahead of that fake smile crape... thais will still .. kill.. and smile at each other with there face bull shi...... what do you think when they smile at you....the best way i can sum this up is ....they must be a  DEMOCRAT....sad but true....lies .. fake...and do not turn you back......................................... bottom line.

Hard to leave Thailand because of my two Thai children.

Women are pretty much the same in all third world countries, easily available for reasonable prices and hire plans.

Don't think I've ever managed two weeks in a country without one moving in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There's no utopia on earth, there're pros and cons in each country.

Thailand

Pros: Tastier food, better infrastructure

Cons: Pollution, difficult immigration visa (TM30, 90 day report, endless documents), language barrier is very high, hot as hell in summer months

Philippines

Pros: Easier immigration visa, better beaches, almost no language barrier for English speakers, not as hot as Thailand during summer months.

No cons for Phil? At all?

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

No cons for Phil? At all?

Cons are the opposite of Thailand pros

Less tasty food

Infrastructure such as road, internet speed not as good as Thailand.

crime rate is higher

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

20 over years ago, both destinations were paradise. But now that old folks from western countries have discovered these two retirement hotspots, both have gone to sh*t. I would explore other destinations if I were you. 

Which ones would you go for?

3 hours ago, gonesouth said:

lol..thai girls are born to cheat...the most in the word and they will leave you for more always...58 percent...i always laugh when i see what people say here...just can not admit truth.. how many lives have been taken or or been ruined by thia girls...there was a time when thailand was good but all is gone now .. i understand hard to leave there but it is just time before farnags will wake up...face it you are just retirement plan for girls there but you make yourself believe something else ...and the gov does not want you there and will keep finding ways to make you go.... philippines hard to say but for sure better people...girls more faithful and will hang in there with you...yes not same as thailand in times but ahead of that fake smile crape... thais will still .. kill.. and smile at each other with there face bull shi...... what do you think when they smile at you....the best way i can sum this up is ....they must be a  DEMOCRAT....sad but true....lies .. fake...and do not turn you back......................................... bottom line.

Sounds like someone burned by a Thai girl. Don't think that the Pinays are any different. Know 2 guys that within 2 weeks of arriving in USA their Pinay wife filed for divorce claiming spousal abuse. One was running around with a lot of guys and detective found out she was a hooker in Philippines. Marriage was annulled.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's some great Mexican restaurants in PI.

It's odd because Vietnam and Cambodia have great Indian restaurants.

IMG_20161119_190149.jpg

No.  That isn't Mexican food, that's Tex-Mex.

And the reason why Indian food is so good in SE Asia (and China) is because the people cooking it are actually Indian.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, donmuang37 said:

Just a word of caution: If the virus gets bad in SE Asia, I'd rather be getting medical care in Thailand than in the Philippines.  JMHO.  Cheers

But the cost of all treatment will be covered by the Philippine government through the philhealth system