Phuket officials announce daily COVID-19 checks on all arrivals from France, Germany, Spain, Singapore, Japan and Taiwan

webfact

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

“On arrival, travellers from these countries and territories must confirm with officials where they will be staying so officers can go and check on them every day to make sure they do not develop any symptoms of infection,”

especially the Russian Instagram models even if they are not on the list.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

Officers will also check on those already on the island, but these arrivals will not have to self-quarantine themselves

looking forward to my daily visit even if i haven't been home in 12 years

we'll do the check through the gate and in the sun yeah?

8 minutes ago, potless said:

Great idea. An official picks up the virus from one infected foreigner then passes it on to all the other foreigners on his visiting list.

why is it that we can so easily find the holes in these well intentioned plans that the locals just can't seem to pick up.. thats what post #2?!

I am sure all will be fine if they are temperature checked for 60 seconds every few days.

It's due to Thailand's aggressive proactive approach to the virus that there has been only one death of a Thai.  And, no deaths out of about 1/2 million foreign visitors since the first of January.

On 3/13/2020 at 4:03 PM, GeorgeCross said:

why is it that we can so easily find the holes in these well intentioned plans that the locals just can't seem to pick up.. thats what post #2?!

Because the plans have not been given any thought at all, and why would they as there is absolutely no intention whatsoever to follow through with this idea.