Is Aonang Busy tourist wise

sappersrest

I was there from March2 to March 5 and it was great. It was fairly busy but, with all the hotels that have evidently opened up to capitalize on the chinese market, some are hurting and I hearda few have actually closed due to not enough business. When I was there it was primarily westerners and almost no one was wearing a mask. We took a speedboat tour to phi phi and 4 islands and there were a lot of speedboats with tourists doing the same thing. We went to Railay which was beautiful and it was very crowded with tourists but you could still enjoy yourself. The air was fresh, the water was very clean and Ao Nang and the surrounding area left me and my wife with great memories. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 4:17 PM, watgate said:

I was there from March2 to March 5 and it was great. It was fairly busy but, with all the hotels that have evidently opened up to capitalize on the chinese market, some are hurting and I hearda few have actually closed due to not enough business. When I was there it was primarily westerners and almost no one was wearing a mask. We took a speedboat tour to phi phi and 4 islands and there were a lot of speedboats with tourists doing the same thing. We went to Railay which was beautiful and it was very crowded with tourists but you could still enjoy yourself. The air was fresh, the water was very clean and Ao Nang and the surrounding area left me and my wife with great memories. 

Can i ask what hotel you stayed at and if you'd recommend it / location price etc?

Thanks.