PM2.5 count hits 462 in Chiang Rai

Just think if we put as much EFFORT (from fear) into the pollution/road deaths problems as we do the flu virus (mass hysteria) how much better off we would be...

Everyone that thinks a Paper mask will magically save them from pollution or flu viruses are living in denial...

Lets get a grip people! 
lets all get together and work on these “real” problems!

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a disastrous situation to continue living in Thailand and it will only get worse from year to year, I am truly disgusted with this government

Maybe Corona doesn't like fire or PM above 400.  What living organism would?   2020 is certainly the craziest year in many, many, many decades.     Yea, love the north without the

So either you choose the quick way out with the Fluhan virus or the slow way with PM2.5.. 😐

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Venom said:

Warning: 538 right now! 😳 stay TF indoors people! 

Yes,it’s really shxte at the moment !

C424EF6C-F426-416C-90C2-1DEDBEEC35E0.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Venom said:

Warning: 538 right now! 😳 stay TF indoors people! 

Satellite images show fires currently being lit all over Thailand, and still the 'government' do Nothing! Sickening.

6 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

sorry, but to stay indoors does not make a  real different ... 

My air filter would disagree with you I'm afraid.

Currently 16 AQI in my bedroom. 🙂

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, thequietman said:

My air filter would disagree with you I'm afraid.

Currently 16 AQI in my bedroom. 🙂

i do agree with you, an air purifier is the only solution ...

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

Satellite images show fires currently being lit all over Thailand, and still the 'government' do Nothing! Sickening.

The following was a real eye opener for me personally and I've been following this problem for twenty years:

On 3/14/2020 at 9:45 AM, spidermike007 said:

There is a very simple solution to this problem. If the authorities were interested in solutions. The burning has to stop. There are alternatives, to this 19th century technique of burning after the sugar cane harvest. Either the government starts to encourage farmers to switch to more environmentally friendly crops, or they start to penalize farmers for burning. This heinous burning, is leading to a tremendous degree of environmental degradation, and alot of lung disease. So here is what I propose-

1. Fine the farmers 5,000 baht for a first offense, and give them a stern warning, that burning is now prohibited, and the second fine will be very harsh.

2. For a second offense, fine the farmer 100,000 baht, and warn them that if the burning continues, their land will be confiscated.

3. On the 3rd offense, confiscate their land. Period. No questions. No legal proceeding or appeals on the part of the farmers. Allow others to come in and purchase the land at a fair price, with the caveat that sugar is prohibited as a crop to be grown on that land. 

The news would travel faster than the toxic smoke, and farmers would change their ways overnight, and move into the 21st century. 

Then they can move on to tackle the sale of diesel vehicles, and the government's enthusiastic support of such. It is inane in this day and age. Most nations are moving away from diesel for good reasons. When they are not well maintained, they foul the air, with large, nasty particles. And who properly maintains their vehicle here? Same applies to diesel generated power plants. Beyond inane. PM counts above 200 KILL people. The hospitals are jammed with people that have massive respiratory issues. And what is being done about it?

Here is the bottom line. Either you are a serious administration, or you are not. Either you care about your people and want to implement long standing polices that improve the nation, the environment, and the air, or you don't. Either you are real men, or you are incompetent boys. We all know the answers to that. We are talking about the Thai army. A hapless and thoroughly incompetent organization if there ever was one. 

Your intention and method would work if there were real laws and real enforcement.

In reality important people are immune and little people will just bribe or it'd become a scam to get land of others below market price or export fungi, there's always corruption holding peple back.

While of course there shold be efforts for public health some, not all of the pollution emanates in LOS (Land of SMog)  some across borders, which means concerted action. If we can see it on satelites so can the same militias who grow/eradicate other crops.Expect a crackdown on foregn smoke /smokers annoince.

Reality is the rich don't care the law is not for them, or bent and the little local enforcer in the field can be paid off. It was always thus and in 30 years I've seen no improvement and the example from the "watchmen" is alas do what you can get away with.If you can rig an entire system smoke fines are easy.

Meanwhile LOS is a hub for inaction.

Edited by RubbaJohnny