European Leagues - Re-start Updates

wilai

On 4/29/2020 at 8:22 AM, wilai said:

French discussing three options:

1.....Points per game

2.....Table as it stands.

3......Table at halfway point of the season.

Voiding the season is NOT an option as things stand.

PSG crowned Champions of Ligue 1. Table to remain as it stands..

On 4/23/2020 at 10:31 PM, wilai said:

Bundesliga ready to restart season on 9th May....subject to Government approval.

German Government won't make the decision until at least 6th May. Bundesliga now hoping for 16th May re-start date.

Edited by wilai
update

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As expected. Legal cases.

Lyon will seek millions of euros in damages as they face being deprived of European competition for the first time in a quarter of a century following the decision to end the Ligue 1 season.

Also the French league is losing out on something like 250m in TV rights payments.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:57 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

As expected. Legal cases.

Lyon will seek millions of euros in damages as they face being deprived of European competition for the first time in a quarter of a century following the decision to end the Ligue 1 season.

In France:

Amiens, were relegated. Their President Bernard Joannin promised to go “all the way” in trying to appeal against the ruling. “There were 30 points left to play for and we were four points from Nimes,” he said. “Football lacked humanity in this decision.”

In the Netherlands:

No title winners (a sensible decision, given that Ajax and AZ Alkmaar were level on points) and, far more controversially, no relegation from or promotion to the Eredivisie. SC Cambuur, who were top of the Eerste Divisie, 11 points clear of third place, are quite understandably considering a legal challenge.

In England, we have to find a way to sort out the European placings, relegation places from the PL, and all the promotion and relegation issues of the lower league, fairly!

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In England, we have to find a way to sort out the European placings, relegation places from the PL, and all the promotion and relegation issues of the lower league, fairly!

Force Majeure. Null and void this season and the teams who qualified for Europe etc the season before play in the same comp. Once the FA start deciding any other means they risk court action from the ones who lose out. Claiming Force Majeure and making everything null and void is the only way I can see the FA not being subject to legal action.

Caveat. I ain't no lawyer though

What I think should have happened is UEFA should have took the lead, in association with reps of the major leagues, and agreed what should happen in all leagues and all leagues do the same. Now, with differing leagues taking differing action, a club that suffers can point to another league which had it's league followed it wouldn't have suffered, and appeal to CAS using said example. A right <deleted> shambles comes to mind!

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What I think should have happened is UEFA should have took the lead, in association with reps of the major leagues, and agreed what should happen in all leagues and all leagues do the same. Now, with differing leagues taking differing action, a club that suffers can point to another league which had it's league followed it wouldn't have suffered, and appeal to CAS using said example. A right <deleted> shambles comes to mind!

So you don't like UEFA to decide the way their own competition is run, but are quite happy for them to meddle in national leagues ????

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So you don't like UEFA to decide the way their own competition is run, but are quite happy for them to meddle in national leagues ????

I don't like that UEFA seeks to 'select the teams it wants in its CL. Above though I was talking about them 'leading' the representatives of the major leagues to come to a course of action for all leagues - EUFA has no jurisdiction for say the PL.

But hey, keep trying to twist my posts Red.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:17 PM, wilai said:

German Government won't make the decision until at least 6th May. Bundesliga now hoping for 16th May re-start date.

Bundesliga start date now scheduled for 22nd or 29th May. Outside chance of 15th being the start date.

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

Bundesliga now has Government approval to re-start on Saturday 16th May.

BVB v Shalke derby 

I expect a lot of us will be learning more about German clubs than we ever thought we would.

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I expect a lot of us will be learning more about German clubs than we ever thought we would.

Yep....be interesting to get an early idea of what games will be like 'behind closed doors'  No Yellow Wall for BVB.

25 minutes ago, wilai said:

Yep....be interesting to get an early idea of what games will be like 'behind closed doors'  No Yellow Wall for BVB.

A pity that its too late to trade Boris for Merkel.:ph34r:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jellydog said:

I need to pick my "forever German Football Club". You know, one I've supported all my life ????

Think I'll go with Borussia Monchengladbach. Always liked that name. Just need to find out which club is our derby and who I've always hated ????

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I need to pick my "forever German Football Club". You know, one I've supported all my life ????

Think I'll go with Borussia Monchengladbach. Always liked that name. Just need to find out which club is our derby and who I've always hated ????

Dortmund for Me Mr BJ.

As for your 'local rivals' it is probably Cologne as they are also Rhine based. You could go for Leverkusen instead as they are rivals in the league at the moment.....or Leipzig as everyone else in Germany hates the upstarts!

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Schalke or Monchengladbach for me.

We played and beat Schalke in the ECWC in 69/70. I didn't go but remember being fascinated by my brother's match programme. In 1970 or 71 I went to visit a pen friend (remember them?) in Germany who's family supported Schalke and gave me all sorts in club stuff.

We've played Monchengladbach 3 times in Europe. Remember seeing them at Maine Road in 1979, we got knocked out (2nd leg away), they were a top team back then (Allan Simonsen). Had a german mate who I visited a few times in Oberhausen who supported them so always had an interest in them.

I have worked many years for several German companies over the years. It always seemed that the true football nut supported his own local club but the majority ive met who only a passing interest in football supported Bayern - similar to England (substitute ManU or Liverpool for Bayern). Been working with a couple of good lads who support Schalke and with playing them recently had many long conversations on Schalke. Also working with a couple of annoying <deleted> who support Bayern - arrogant would be the best way to sum up them up.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Dortmund for Me Mr BJ.

As for your 'local rivals' it is probably Cologne as they are also Rhine based. You could go for Leverkusen instead as they are rivals in the league at the moment.....or Leipzig as everyone else in Germany hates the upstarts!

Yeah. Think I'll go for Leverkusen. We have always hated Kolne ????

A Man United fan can have RB Leipzig for 2 reasons. They are hated like United and they weren't always know as RB Leipzig. Bit like Newton Health and Man United ????

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Schalke or Monchengladbach for me.

We played and beat Schalke in the ECWC in 69/70. I didn't go but remember being fascinated by my brother's match programme. In 1970 or 71 I went to visit a pen friend (remember them?) in Germany who's family supported Schalke and gave me all sorts in club stuff.

We've played Monchengladbach 3 times in Europe. Remember seeing them at Maine Road in 1979, we got knocked out (2nd leg away), they were a top team back then (Allan Simonsen). Had a german mate who I visited a few times in Oberhausen who supported them so always had an interest in them.

I have worked many years for several German companies over the years. It always seemed that the true football nut supported his own local club but the majority ive met who only a passing interest in football supported Bayern - similar to England (substitute ManU or Liverpool for Bayern). Been working with a couple of good lads who support Schalke and with playing them recently had many long conversations on Schalke. Also working with a couple of annoying <deleted> who support Bayern - arrogant would be the best way to sum up them up.

Think it's got to be Schalke for you then BB

Can't wait to see which glory hunters on here go for Bayern ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Can't wait to see which glory hunters on here go for Bayern ????

I do. Mia san Mia ???? Although I am - as a german citizen - primarily a Liverpool fan as is my Thai stepdaughter.

Nothing arrogant in there, though. If you look for anything arrogant I suggest you just look around in the football circus. Plenty to be found. Maybe you have heard of a guy called Ronaldo .... etc.

2 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I do. Mia san Mia ???? Although I am - as a german citizen - primarily a Liverpool fan as is my Thai stepdaughter.

Nothing arrogant in there, though. If you look for anything arrogant I suggest you just look around in the football circus. Plenty to be found. Maybe you have heard of a guy called Ronaldo .... etc.

Where in Germany are you from moogradod?

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Where in Germany are you from moogradod?

I was born in Essen / Nordrhein Westfalen. Near to Gelsenkirchen (and Dortmund). However, I left Germany when I was 11 years old.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Dortmund for Me Mr BJ.

Same here for me. Dortmund forever!!:)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Ooooh. Who do I choose to support

Lazio for me....despite that hideously coloured shirt????. Lucas and Alberto still playing for them and they were the first team I supported on Football Italia (ch4)

• Like 1