Is your school closing or not?

Is your school closing because of Covid-19? I have made this a multiple choice poll, so you should be able to choose more than one answer. Obviously the situation is fluid, so just tell us what you know know at this point.   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Supposed to be starting in May. I've no idea if I'll be able to get to Heathrow Airport, much less Thailand.

There are also too many unknown unknowns. My theory that the virus doesn't like hot countries kind of got shot down in flames yesterday. Hopefully we'll know the answer to this in around 10 days. The other issue is that it's now pretty much impossible to get travel insurance (especially a policy that covers covid) and I'd like to see the school's health insurance policy before I travel to ensure I'm covered for the virus while I'm in Thailand.

• Like 2

Both wifey and I have already said to the kids (4), two starting college, that in May they might not be going to school/college unless we deem it safe enough for them, they all agree, albeit it isn't the kids that will be more exposed to the virus, it will be us parents.

I am 60 and have a pre-existing condition, so I don't want to be challenged by some two bit idiot who calls himself Corona, because I might come off worse.

If the kids don't go back to school, you might read of me in the front page of the paper or here on TVF, farang hangs self for prolonged exposure to kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The government school we are contracted to is closed anyway, so we called the director of the local hospital this morning [his daughter is a long-term student in our private, home-based school]. He said no point in keeping the school open because they were expecting a directive forbidding all schools from opening very soon. Time to hit the garden!

• Like 1