New Zealand says everyone entering country must self-isolate to contain coronavirus

rooster59

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Come on man. I am not Dutch! You want to do some push ups? You realize that in some countries euthanasia is socially accepted right? Also people these days make living wills. 

A very strange post to what was a bit of a light-hearted quip (did you notice the exclamation mark at the end of my sentence?).

And yes I do know that euthanasia is socially acceptable in a handful of countries, but under the strictest of conditions and usually to alleviate unbearable suffering or an incurable disease, which was not the case in my post as you can see.

And why on earth would I want to do some push-ups with you? Surely you could do some with your husband, and then I would feel a lot safer!

Australia has just announced all international arrivals must self isolate for 14 days. Enforcement (QLD) by way of $13k fine for non compliance & police checks. All cruise ship arrivals banned for rolling 30 days.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-15/coronavirus-covid19-self-isolation-announced-for-australia/12057772

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes, it is a wonder he/she didn't advocate handing out euthanasia kits to the oldies! 

He was just being realistic. As an oldie myself, if I do get it, I'd rather off myself quickly than slowly suffocate to death with pneumonia. Chances that I'll be given a ventilator are nil, as they'll be given to young people.

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

A very strange post to what was a bit of a light-hearted quip (did you notice the exclamation mark at the end of my sentence?).

If you had been paying attention to more threads you'd know that euthanasia is not a light hearted subject to some of us, and a smiley ( ???? )would be more informative than an exclamation mark as to your intended witty quip.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sujo said:

Why ask her that. Thats the issue world wide, nothing specific can be done about that, except what she is doing, reducing the number of people going to nz and trying to manage what they already have.

Just leaving it as it was surely would not have made it easier.

It's a very important subject. They need to be putting a plan in place to determine what they will do if/ when demand exceeds supply of hospital beds/ ventilators.

There is a lot that needs to be done to prevent chaos.