COVID-19: Thailand adds UK, USA and others to list of high risk countries - new “self-monitoring” measure for travellers

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, keith101 said:

People will just stop coming and the economy will hit a new rock bottom so maybe all countries should close their borders except for there own citizens returning home .

A coordinated effort to allow citizens to get back to their home country with little red tape would be a good idea.

That cuts out all the problems with medical insurance and the growing xenophobia that is building in certain countries

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

This is good for me to know as I am heading to the U.S. tomorrow via Japan and returning via the same transit in about ten days. Will prepare to "self isolate" at home for two weeks upon my return. Let's just keep it at that, though. So, no new restrictions, please. I just need the U.S. to not ban people coming in from Thailand or Japan in the next 48 hours. 

confusing as it is I believe the new additional group of countries including UK and US have a different set of rules from the other group e.g. China

Read the article again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

This is good for me to know as I am heading to the U.S. tomorrow via Japan and returning via the same transit in about ten days. Will prepare to "self isolate" at home for two weeks upon my return. Let's just keep it at that, though. So, no new restrictions, please. I just need the U.S. to not ban people coming in from Thailand or Japan in the next 48 hours. 

I'd be concerned Immigration at LAX might require a 14 day quarantine of you. Good luck!!

Edited by bill1369
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bill1369 said:

I'd be concerned Immigration at LAX might reuire a 14 day quarantine of you. Good luck!!

I'm flying Tokyo to Chicago. Can't find anything that says O'Hare is requiring quarantine. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Travellers arriving from the countries with ongoing local transmission are required to be under observation (supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring for no less than 14 days until the end of the infectious period or the reason for suspicion.

As usual - clear as mud and possibly a bad translation.  Reading that it appears that the traveller must be suspected of having the virus already to be subjected to these measures.

I guess the only way we'll get to know exactly what the situation is, is when people report their experiences on arrival.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1