Where can I get a quick medical cert for work permit?

Looking for somewhere I can stop in and get a quick certificate. I don't want to get blood drawn if I don't have to. Have a thing against needles and would rather avoid it. Have heard cases where clinics take height and weight and issue a cert.

You need blood test results for a WP medical certificate.

Time to get over your fear of needles I'm afraid.

Edited by Crossy
Removed potential for illegality
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dominion said:

You have to get the full medical now to get a WP they won't accept a cert from a clinic anymore. The want to know your blood type.

Is that a recent development or is it work specific ?

As with everything here ...it depends. Some lines of work will require different formats or styles of medical certificate. If you want to teach, for instance, then they want a certain type of medical certificate that says you are clear of blah blah blah etc. like elephantiasis and a few other weird ones and not just any old one that some place issues. But this is something that your HR department should square you away with and give the correct form for you to get filled out. As with many immigration issues it matters where you are doing something, who you are dealing with today, which way the wind is blowing and on and on.

Edited by Brigand