Just Landed in Udon

Ma Noi

On 3/14/2020 at 9:52 AM, Isaanbiker said:

If you meet some girls, please use your Nit Noi Thai and find out if they just came back from a bar.

If yes, then please do not engage. These ladies usually had a lot of contact to others, including Chinese men. 

Good advice thank you very much...

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:30 PM, NanLaew said:

And if it's charming, post-prandial company the OP seeks, cross back over and have a cocktail ring the bell at Fun Bar.

Yep; Fun Bar is very good. Say hello to "Bee" for me

On 3/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, Isaanbiker said:

If you meet some girls, please use your Nit Noi Thai and find out if they just came back from a bar.

If yes, then please do not engage. These ladies usually had a lot of contact to others, including Chinese men. 

I have never seen a Chinese man in a bar in Udon.

• Like 1

I’m back in Udon this weekend ready to return home after a couple of weeks so be interesting to see what’s changed in that time

I see the bars have closed and I assume markets etc have been told not to open. 

On 3/15/2020 at 3:51 AM, Patriot said:

Not the owner. Great staff and good squad of guys there, but watch out for a Canadian Johnny, strange guy, French Canadian you know. 
superb food over the road at the Brickhouse. 

Was in the Brickhouse one evening last week with fans blowing from every direction. When/if the virus hits Udon Thani this will be the place to catch it. 

On 3/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, twocatsmac said:

Was in the Brickhouse one evening last week with fans blowing from every direction. When/if the virus hits Udon Thani this will be the place to catch it. 

AFAIK, Brick House has reverted to takeaway ONLY and are offering a delivery service too.

Another foreign-owned restaurant about 200 yards away mentions government certification that permits seated, in-house dining as long as social distancing is in place (at least 1 m between people) and checks will be made to ensure compliance.

Screenshot.jpg.371956ac58c44b1c3d17e12a6ec995cd.jpg

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

AFAIK, Brick House has reverted to takeaway ONLY and are offering a delivery service too.

Another foreign-owned restaurant about 200 yards away mentions government certification that permits seated, in-house dining as long as social distancing is in place (at least 1 m between people) and checks will be made to ensure compliance.

Screenshot.jpg.371956ac58c44b1c3d17e12a6ec995cd.jpg

That’s very sensible. I think about the comment made by the Australian pm regarding the 12 people he knew that attended a dinner party.

One had the virus and 10 more caught it. 

Edited by twocatsmac