British overstayer nabbed with ganja

rooster59

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought almost all anti-drug laws were based on American prohibition .... and they forced the rest of the world to comply.

Anyway OP photo of a guy in his bedroom without his shirt on.

I'm often in my bedroom without anything on, as far as I know it's not a crime.

yes, you're correct, they were American taxes and laws based on racism and then forced everyone to sign on eventually.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Having a bag of cannabis like that isn't a problem in the UK or any other civilised country.

If a policeman finds it on you, he just hands it back.

There are some seriously deranged posters in this forum who seem to think a bag of cannabis is a similar offense to murder. It's harmless guys, doesn't hurt you, doesn't hurt him, give your outdated moral superiority a rest.

Are you not a little too old to be acting cool?

You do know that the young kids you smoke with on your trips to 

civilized countries laugh at you behind your back.

It really is painful watching silly old fools acting like naughty teenagers. I grew 

out of that nonsense before I turned 16.

Anyway the probable reason for his arrest was the 250+ days he had on overstay

and not the small amount of whatever he had in the bag.

Edited by shy coconut
Xadd
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sadly people like him give the rest of us bad name, and lump us together with these 'undesirables' and give cause and munitions to some politicians to sully the good name of most of us...

Absolutely right. It is very sad for those of us who have always tried to behave decently in Thailand to have garbage like this destroying our relationship with Thai people.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Was his police record in the UK checked before he was let into Thailand? 

If Thailand really wanted to keep the "bad guys" out, they would do same as USA with info sharing. If you're a western criminal and try go to the USA you're unlikely to even be let on the plane without an ESTA travel pre-clearance. The Yanks even pulled me aside about 12 years ago for what finally turned out to be questions regarding a passport I had lost in the UK and replaced. If Thailand did the same checks to bar entry, they would miss out on money raising revenues and fines for overstayers.  

• Like 1

https://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-playground-revamped-51480.php

https://www.thephuketnews.com/learning-the-essentials-53824.php

Just an example of the goodness the chap brought to Rawaii, he paid for schools, playing grounds for kids, built homes etc.

In 2017 an investment went south (Bitcoin Fund), from there his troubles commenced, the guy was building resorts, villas, condos for 20 yrs before this, a multi-millionaire in his own right, and a philanthropist.

It could happen to anyone of us, but i doubt many of us, has done half the good the guy has in his time here. 

Edited by Jenkins9039
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

If Thailand really wanted to keep the "bad guys" out, they would do same as USA with info sharing. If you're a western criminal and try go to the USA you're unlikely to even be let on the plane without an ESTA travel pre-clearance. The Yanks even pulled me aside about 12 years ago for what finally turned out to be questions regarding a passport I had lost in the UK and replaced. If Thailand did the same checks to bar entry, they would miss out on money raising revenues and fines for overstayers.  

He was no western criminal, had a successful building company back in the UK, moved to Thailand and had some great success, was also in a BBC documentary at some point.

Also the tattoo mentioned was his 'wife' who is no longer 'here', he has no children, only remaining family is his brother.

A selection of some of his holdings, considering the fact that at one point he had over a dozen properties and land holdings, which he had to sell to dig himself out of a hole (loosing some +500,000$) in a fraud involving a bitcoin fund he was invested in whilst paying the overheads for his financial commitments (staff, developments etc), this goes to show that a lot of individuals on here, perceive others on how they themselves are considered. 

I suspect at the height of his developments, he had 100 staff hired directly and indirectly (which is 100 families being cared for), alongside this multiple charity commitments for sea gypsies, Myramar, schools, and recreational facilities.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 14.16.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 14.15.31.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 14.15.21.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 14.15.08.png

Edited by Jenkins9039

52 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-playground-revamped-51480.php

https://www.thephuketnews.com/learning-the-essentials-53824.php

Just an example of the goodness the chap brought to Rawaii, he paid for schools, playing grounds for kids, built homes etc.

In 2017 an investment went south (Bitcoin Fund), from there his troubles commenced, the guy was building resorts, villas, condos for 20 yrs before this, a multi-millionaire in his own right, and a philanthropist.

It could happen to anyone of us, but i doubt many of us, has done half the good the guy has in his time here. 

And what good is that now?

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

A selection of some of his holdings, considering the fact that at one point he had over a dozen properties and land holdings, which he had to sell to dig himself out of a hole (loosing some +500,000$) in a fraud involving a bitcoin fund he was invested in whilst paying the overheads for his financial commitments (staff, developments etc), this goes to show that a lot of individuals on here, perceive others on how they themselves are considered. 

I suspect at the height of his developments, he had 100 staff hired directly and indirectly (which is 100 families being cared for), alongside this multiple charity commitments for sea gypsies, Myramar, schools, and recreational facilities.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 14.15.31.png

Sorry but you need to get your facts right however much you are defending him this villa was not his

Interesting story, from all accounts he was well off at one time and fell on hard times. I wouldn't judge, there but for the grace of god ... . I'm guessing he ran out of money. Overstaying would indicate that ... how much does an agent cost? As for the  ganga - oh, c'mon,  6.92 grammes? You know, it's very interesting that, when push comes to shove, a lot of us will take our chances rather than return home. Done it myself, luckily some guardian angel dumped a job or a load of money on me, just when things seemed hopeless. Makes me wonder why - is the UK really that bad. Yeah, it used to be about the women, now not so much, just the lifestyle.

Poor <deleted>, on hard times and cops it from the high and mighty tv thugs.

I would hope his work with the mushy peas would go along way to resolving his problems efficiently.

Put more into the local communities then the "higher than" types on here.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, Nyezhov said:

Despite the fact that I am repulsive both inside and out, I am a well dressed repulsive and thus appear fat, jolly and innocuos. I never expose my tattos either, which are discrete and dont make me look like a Vor from Butyrka. I smoke like Tommy Chong. Thats one of the reasons I left Thailand, the weed was too ditch and the good stuff too expensive. 

Exactly..thai weed is pure dirt terrible <deleted> why they even bother to grow I don't know...and like you said the good stuff is stupid expensive..... somebody needs to show them how to grow I properly..because with this climate there should be no excuse..........

On 3/15/2020 at 6:44 AM, Matzzon said:

Right or wrong! It really doesn´t matter. This guy knew the drug was illegal in Thailand, and he also knew what would happen if he got caught overstaying his visa.

He tried, he played and he failed. Time to pay the price for rolling the dice.

Well if he wanted to stay longer, I think he will get his wish but not with the food and accommodation he would prefer 

• Like 1

I know this scumbag, he has ripped off people all over Phuket for millions of Baht.

He was a respected businessman but drugs and gambling on Crypto currencies caused him to lose a substantial fortune and all his assets over the last 2 years. He then started scamming friends and family for loans which were never repaid or intended to repay. He managed to sell a few properties twice as he had not registered friends and families apartments so still had the title. He sold his Villa and a parcel of land to a friend who was making online payments from overseas and continued to do so despite the Villa being sold to a third party  and the land being mortgaged to the hilt which he defaulted on. He run away with tenants electric money and service charges and stole their appliance when he left without paying rent.

Jasmine is his niece and sadly he will turn up on her doorstep when he is deported back to the UK 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wehatewolves said:

I know this scumbag, he has ripped off people all over Phuket for millions of Baht.

He was a respected businessman but drugs and gambling on Crypto currencies caused him to lose a substantial fortune and all his assets over the last 2 years. He then started scamming friends and family for loans which were never repaid or intended to repay. He managed to sell a few properties twice as he had not registered friends and families apartments so still had the title. He sold his Villa and a parcel of land to a friend who was making online payments from overseas and continued to do so despite the Villa being sold to a third party  and the land being mortgaged to the hilt which he defaulted on. He run away with tenants electric money and service charges and stole their appliance when he left without paying rent.

Jasmine is his niece and sadly he will turn up on her doorstep when he is deported back to the UK 

You must be a West Brom supporter then?

• Haha 1