Premier League could be declared null and void warns West Ham chief

rooster59

36 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Did you read the articles?

There is ample room for legal action if the season is cancelled. 

'It would leave the Premier League open to claims, in my view, from a relegated club in particular who would have an arguable claim against them on the ground that they have breached their own rules by ending a season before all the fixtures have been fulfilled,' James Severn, sports and litigation partner at Penningtons Manches Cooper.”

Legal actionable to end a season before all fixtures completed. 

Yes, the relegated Clubs .

As you dont seem to be able to type much, can you post links to what you think about the legal issues with not relegated clubs ? 

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nothing to do with the fact your club is going down the toilet and is going to struggle to recover, especially with that monstrosity of a ground you have. 

The bubbles popped and your club is ******. 

My thought as well with "her" club down near the relegation zone!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, the relegated Clubs .

As you dont seem to be able to type much, can you post links to what you think about the legal issues with not relegated clubs ? 

Read the links I posted and do your own research. 

Clubs will take action if money is involved. 

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Read the links I posted and do your own research. 

Clubs will take action if money is involved. 

Clubs will whinge whichever way they jump. I have no idea how they'll proceed but looking at the tables at the 9, 18 & 27 game point (ie 25, 50 & 75% of the season) might provide the decision makers with insight as to how the season might end.

Edited by evadgib

I agree with Bluespunk that the best solution is for EUFA to cancel the Euro competition.

Not only will it give the EPL more time to finish the season but it could also allow the Champions & Europa cups to be played out.

In that scenario, the summer transfer window would need a new set of dates.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile down in the national League south, the mighty wealdstone are 3 points clear 

at the top with a game in hand, they managed to play yesterday and drew at Chippenham.

Talk around the league is that the season will be declared null and void therefore no

promotion back to the national League after 30 years in the the Isthmian and other 

crappy leagues, there is some hope among fans that the league tables should stand 

as more than 75% of games have been completed.

I don't see that happening as the whole football pyramid would have to align abs and as

any team being relegated on these terms would rightly feel hard done by. It sucks, but so

does being a wealdstone fan for the most part!

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

West Ham? Waaaah, waaah

Hello, Hello, we are the Millwall Boyz
Hello, Hello, we are the Millwall Boyz
And if you are a west ham fan
Surrender or you'll die
We all follow the Millwall

See ya in the Championship 

Lol  not turn up again!!

Millwall lol

Edited by DaveE13

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nothing to do with the fact your club is going down the toilet and is going to struggle to recover, especially with that monstrosity of a ground you have. 

The bubbles popped and your club is ******. 

She doesn't speak for me mate. 

Most of us wont her gone and the <deleted> brothers.

There are many who dont step foot in the athletics bowl and probably never will.

Go down they loose money couldn't be happier.

Edited by DaveE13

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

And no, I think the LIONS are a

bunch of pussies .. sorry sorry Nyez jest a little play on the feline link there .. And anyway proper Millwaal used to try smuggling 'Stan knives to slash the oppo's and sharpened bike wheel sprockets hidden in kebabs into the ground to chuck at the opposition in the 80's .. knowhatimean .. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

bunch of pussies .. sorry sorry Nyez jest a little play on the feline link there .. And anyway proper Millwaal used to try smuggling 'Stan knives to slash the oppo's and sharpened bike wheel sprockets hidden in kebabs into the ground to chuck at the opposition in the 80's .. knowhatimean .. 

I remember visiting the old den In the 80s.  Used to be fun the walk from the station to the ground.

Edited by DaveE13

Just declare the season over if on 4 April the decision is made to continue the suspension.  All teams in the relegation zone stay in the EPL.  Those in the lower league do not move up.  Liverpool is crowned the champion which is really just a formality.

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Did you read the articles?

There is ample room for legal action if the season is cancelled. 

'It would leave the Premier League open to claims, in my view, from a relegated club in particular who would have an arguable claim against them on the ground that they have breached their own rules by ending a season before all the fixtures have been fulfilled,' James Severn, sports and litigation partner at Penningtons Manches Cooper.”

Legal actionable to end a season before all fixtures completed. 

It is hard to imagine that there is not a "force majeure" clause in whatever contractual agreements the league has with the various clubs. It is inserted in the commonest of contracts these days.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steps said:

Shut up!! UFC has just held and event in Brasil without fans. I suggest the PL does the same. Give the folks sitting at home some enjoyment and entertainment. Get the season over and done with in empty stadiums.

Players will refuse to play.

In September 1939, shortly after World War II was declared, most football competitions in the UK were declared null and void and abandoned. They didn't start again afresh until after the war. So they may have to do the same this year. Hard luck Liverpool.

Edited by katana
  • Like 1

Well Man Utd fans are all for it, stating that Liverpool have waited 30 years for a League title, another 30 years won't matter.

If Liverpool were given the title as IMO they should, they will never live it down from the terraces, as the opponents will always remind them it wasn't really won.

• Like 1

Good for Chelsea ... We probably would've qualified for Champions League with our juniors which was better than I was hoping for. So it'll be nice to get some new players in the summer and start a proper season. Of course the real bonus in all this would be Liverpool missing out on the title... again ... Demba ba ha ha

• Like 1