Corona insurance by Bangkok Bank??

watthong

Just got (thai) words from friend that bangkok bank is selling corona insurance for 150 baht a year, farangs are eligible as well. Anyone hears about this, fake or real news? Just wanted to check before rushing to the mall to get one...

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

What would this insurance cover?

• You won't get Corona?
  • You get some money when you get Corona?
  • You can buy Corona beer with a discount?

Sorry no time for joking around, get off my thread.

• Haha 2

that's why I want to run past this on the forum. Not much details from what I learned, except it's open to farangs as well and different tiers of price vs payment. As mentioned initially, fake news are rampant in during this time (along with lame jokes.)

14 minutes ago, watthong said:

that's why I want to run past this on the forum. Not much details from what I learned, except it's open to farangs as well and different tiers of price vs payment. As mentioned initially, fake news are rampant in during this time (along with lame jokes.)

What on earth can 150 THB a year cover you for? Should have asked your friend for some more details.

Sounds too cheap to be true.  I just took up DTAC's extra internet data promotion at 99 baht a month which comes with Corvid-19 insurance.  It's not going to help a lot if you find yourself needing intensive care for any length of time but there are some benefits and I can't see DTAC using an insurer who isn't going to pay up to the terms of the policy.  Anyway, now I can download the whole of Homeland season 8 and cast it to the TV.  https://community.dtac.co.th/t5/custom/page/page-id/dtac-play?campaign_id=70

AA Insure had a policy showing on their web site 10 days ago or so but it seems to have disappeared. The word doc I downloaded was offering total cover of 500k baht or 1m baht cover at 450 and 850 baht per year respectively but  have a feeling it may have been a mistake, especially as the details are only on a word doc.

Any comment on that @AAInsuranceBrokers ?