Phetchabun/Pattaya: Virus concern-19 as Belgian returnee tests positive

webfact

Phetchabun/Pattaya: Virus concern-19 as Belgian returnee tests positive

2pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The governor of Phetchabun province appealed for calm after social media reports stated that a foreigner had been diagnosed with coronavirus.

The man concerned lives with his family in a house in the Tha Phon sub-district. 

Governor Seubsak Iam-wijan confirmed that the case was a 67 year old Belgian who had come back from his home country on March 3rd through Suvarnabhumi airport. 

He had then hired a car and gone to Pattaya where he had been for a week before he started to feel poorly and tired on the 10th. 

Family members were called and came to pick him up and took him back to Phetchabun. 

There a check for coronavirus at Phetchabun Hospital confirmed the case. He was by now suffering from high fever. 

His family members have all been checked and are negative. They are in 14 day quarantine. A deep clean has occurred at their house.

The patient is in isolation in hospital and all health department procedures and safeguards are in place said Seubsak who called for calm in the province.

Meanwhile Phetchabun Hospital announced a change to its entry points and times of entry and said that people running fevers would be isolated from others.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-16

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

For some people it's essential.

That's why I included the term "voluntary" in my comment.  Same like the American couple now stranded in some seedy, dirty hotel in Cambodia with other travelers... because they chose to take a tourism boat cruise in the midst of a worldwide pandemic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Denim said:

Be hard to say exactly where he picked it up. Belgium ? On the aircraft ? At an airport ? Pattaya ??  

Hope for everyones sake he makes a rapid recovery .

Pattaya going by the time frame on when fever kicked in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He had then hired a car and gone to Pattaya where he had been for a week before he started to feel poorly and tired on the 10th.

March 3rd to the 10th... 7 days enjoying himself before feeling sick and going home to Phetchabun...

I'm sure the Pattaya locals who came into close contact with him will be thanking him.

Just goes to prove the "temperature" check on arrival is useless as it proves nothing.

I'm so lucky ... I have such little, and mostly distant contact with other people (seeing as I'm such an obnoxious unlikable a...hole) the chances of me getting this thing are slim.

If you feel at all sick then STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND CALL THE LOCAL HOSPITAL OR TOURIST POLICE .... Don't be a mindless d..k like this guy and wander around with symptoms!

Simple to reduce infection risks ... stay clear of places where people get up close to you and mass a lot (... don't go anywhere near where tourists go and if ya do do it early in the morning wear a mask if in the local Mart or Bank etc ... yeah that's right stay away from bars, walking streets ... wherever you are and cultivate a bit of Zen time for yourself for a few weeks or a month).

Surprise you might actually contribute to the care of the society in which you are currently residing ... Now there's a novel idea readers!

The avoidance of ladies of the iron labia persuasion (who have shall we say extremely close wet contact with falangs) for a few weeks might prove impossible for some TV folks seeing as they live a life ruled by Little Willy ... ya take ya chances ya pay the price.    

See I told you I am an a...hole ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Stupid and risky to be doing voluntary international travel these days ... both for the person traveling....and everyone around them.

The free world is run by a stupid and risky person. Hence the trickle down effect.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I'm so lucky ... I have such little, and mostly distant contact with other people (seeing as I'm such an obnoxious unlikable a...hole) the chances of me getting this thing are slim.

If you feel at all sick then STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND CALL THE LOCAL HOSPITAL OR TOURIST POLICE .... Don't be a mindless d..k like this guy and wander around with symptoms!

Simple to reduce infection risks ... stay clear of places where people get up close to you and mass a lot (... don't go anywhere near where tourists go and if ya do do it early in the morning wear a mask if in the local Mart or Bank etc ... yeah that's right stay away from bars, walking streets ... wherever you are and cultivate a bit of Zen time for yourself for a few weeks or a month).

Surprise you might actually contribute to the care of the society in which you are currently residing ... Now there's a novel idea readers!

The avoidance of ladies of the iron labia persuasion (who have shall we say extremely close wet contact with falangs) for a few weeks might prove impossible for some TV folks seeing as they live a life ruled by Little Willy ... ya take ya chances ya pay the price.    

See I told you I am an a...hole ????

a model of purity

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 11:43 AM, smedly said:

Have any idea who he was and where he went in Pattaya 

A "bar in Soi 7" (or was it eight) was mentioned, no name nor the name of the hotel he stayed at. 

Edited by rott