Pattaya shut down imminent: Bars and clubs brace for closure order

webfact

Girlfriend has headed to Roi Et in Isan from Bangkok. Even opposite her family home in rural Thailand there is a covid 19 poster.

I will help out a bit because she genuinely has no income coming in.

This virus is a global leveller. The UK government are going to stand behind every business and wage earner in the UK by the looks of it. Generations to come will be paying this off.

No one can or will plan for a trip abroad. Airports or airplanes are the chief spreaders of germs plus the danger of falling ill abroad.

This whole forum together could not have put together a perfect storm of economic disaster, if we had tried.

Meanwhile make sure you have some cash - my wife just instructed me to empty my bank account because it'll all be locked down.

Now I'm confident they wouldn't lock down bank/ATM refilling services, or pharmacies, or supermarkets... but if stories like this run riot, Thai's will keep the ATM's empty in a pointless cash hoarding excercise...

4 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Meanwhile make sure you have some cash - my wife just instructed me to empty my bank account because it'll all be locked down.

Now I'm confident they wouldn't lock down bank/ATM refilling services, or pharmacies, or supermarkets... but if stories like this run riot, Thai's will keep the ATM's empty in a pointless cash hoarding excercise...

Just a matter of time. I noticed the other day several branches had closed. Hopefully they will just limit ATM withdrawals and transfers