Pattaya shut down imminent: Bars and clubs brace for closure order

webfact

Just now, CLW said:

One important family in Thailand is so rich they could pay salaries for the country's workforce for years.

Hint: The head of the family is not often to be seen in Thailand.

I think you confuse people getting paid by the day or week with workforce. The workforce includes everyone working,meaning taxpayers and people paid on daily basis. 

• Confused 1

I think down here in Phuket the pussy bars have been in decline for some time making them all close would be the final nail as an example one guy I know pays 30,000 a month rent would the landlord take a hit or drop his rent? I dont think so

57 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The people i feel sorry for are all the policemens Mia Nois, how are they going to survive?

All the bars closed, so no kick backs for plod, so no money to pass on to their Mia Nois.:cheesy:

I guess they will have to set up a road block on every street corner to make up the shortfall.............:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand that the government want to close them. But then obviously they should compensate everybody involved.

Telling people you can't work anymore for months and you won't get paid for months is a receipt for disaster.

If it comes to cancelling a sub and other military hardware or paying the masses, the masses can go swivel would be my guess

17 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

probably too drunk to remember MERS, created in 43C - yea viruses don't like the heat lol..

Well it did start off during winter when it isn't anywhere near that hot. But who knows.... 

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I guess they will have to set up a road block on every street corner to make up the shortfall.............:thumbsup:

Licence...check.

Helmet...check

Insurance..... check

Face mask....damn!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Even when you do the math they could

You do know that the PM rejected the suggestion? And he's the head of the government. The suggestion came from Anutin. And the math was not only about people working in the entertainment business. The "workforce" includes everybody working,and that's not the same thing. 

Edited by Max69xl

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

You do know that the PM rejected the suggestion? And he's the head of the government. The suggestion came from Anutin. 

I was talking about how the richest person in Thailand could easily pay for everybody's wages for a long time before he ran out. Think we are at cross purposes

Personally didn't mention heat but didn't it start in winter with MERS? 

Now if u want to see an outbreak or spike let all these workers in Restaurants, Clubs, bars etc (with strong immune systems who might of already built up their immunity to it) go back to their villages then see how that plays out! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It would be sad if people will not get a paycheck.

Glad I have a stocked bar and a decent list of girls on speed dial, no worries for me when they shut it all down.

Who needs a stocked bar with Tesco Lotus Express and 7/11 just around the corner? Yesterday I got beer and Vodka delivered to my condo. 

• Haha 2