Pattaya shut down imminent: Bars and clubs brace for closure order

webfact

Well, my first thought is who, the heck, shares a glass of alcohol, and a cigarette?

"Mind if I have a drag off your smoke, and a small swig out of your rum n coke"? 

Or perhaps,

"Hey everyone, toss 10 baht on the table were gonna buy a drink to share, and one marlboro red single...."

"Whoooo hooooo f*** this virus...were in Thailand....party like it's 1999"!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Personally didn't mention heat but didn't it start in winter with MERS? 

Now if u want to see an outbreak or spike let all these workers in Restaurants, Clubs, bars etc (with strong immune systems who might of already built up their immunity to it) go back to their villages then see how that plays out! 

That's one thing Anutin doesn't understand, and he's just the Minister of Health. Go figure  

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

No worries, Bars and Clubs are not my thing for the last 10 years or so. 

Online apps will bring girls to you after a quick line chat.

More important now is instructing girls on prevention techniques.

This graphic breaches any language barrier. 

Peace????  

coronasutra.jpg

40 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

why are there only two people?

The other guy was taking the photographs and blanking out the faces.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Airalee said:

So save Pattaya and all is well?

I appreciate the sentiment, but it’s not as simple as you would like to believe.

I never said that, this thread is about Pattaya and all the Pattaya girls, workers being out of work.

Just now, Max69xl said:

Where did you get 20k per month from? And if they close down nightlife, we're not talking about only Pattaya. Your numbers are way of. You're also forgetting the owners. You don't think they pay rent every month? How many discos/bars/restaurants/gogo's etc etc are there in Pattaya? You have to re-do the math. 

Pattaya is at the center of the Pattaya-Chonburi Metropolitan Area—a conurbation in Chonburi Province—with a population of roughly 1,000,000. 

1 in 3 is more than generous and 20k per month average to include low season is fair .

It was a fag packet calculation. Give me the raw data and I will produce dazzling pivot tables and charts for your perusal!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glennb6 said:

Remember Purachai back in the taxin days? Anutin must be trying to out-do him.

If the govt declares the bars in Pattaya must shut down, stick a fork in it and say goodnight. Property prices will crash, businesses will close and throw people out of work, and crime will increase. Maybe half the locals can take up rice farming again...

I can't believe this is even being considered an option. Govt MIGHT be able to pull this off for a few days or a couple weeks, but if it's longer or indefinite, forget about it.

Still, the PM rejected the suggestion until further notice. Don't forget that. 

• Like 1

Personally didn't mention heat but didn't it start in winter with MERS? 

Now if u want to see an outbreak or spike let all these workers in Restaurants, Clubs, bars etc (with strong immune systems who might of already built up their immunity to it) go back to their villages then see how that plays out! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glennb6 said:

Remember Purachai back in the taxin days? Anutin must be trying to out-do him.

If the govt declares the bars in Pattaya must shut down, stick a fork in it and say goodnight. Property prices will crash, businesses will close and throw people out of work, and crime will increase. Maybe half the locals can take up rice farming again...

I can't believe this is even being considered an option. Govt MIGHT be able to pull this off for a few days or a couple weeks, but if it's longer or indefinite, forget about it.

Agreed.

For a month maximum it might work, but I think the global trend seems to be to shutdown the world for roughly that length of time, definitely not for too long.

What you have to understand though is that, Thai officials are obviously getting their cues from higher-ups at the WHO and UN and other agencies. If the WHO felt the need to shut down the world for 6 months or longer (unlikely) Thailand will be forced to follow suit and Pattaya will have to adapt. Besides, it won't just be Pattaya suffering, everyone across the world will be.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It would be sad if people will not get a paycheck.

Glad I have a stocked bar and a decent list of girls on speed dial, no worries for me when they shut it all down.

Will you check their travel and contact history when they visit you at home?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Show me the math.

First, consider that they would need to liquidate their assets in order to get the cash to pay those salaries.

Then, consider what happens to those asset values when forced mass liquidation is required.

Then, tell me who buys those assets.

It’s not as simple as you think.

Ah, you don't get it which person I meant in my initial post. 

Sorry further clues can get me in trouble and to be banned on this forum for a while 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susco said:

What makes Pattaya different from the rest of the world, when i many countries a similar rule is already in effect, and now countries in the west starting to enforce house arrests.

I'm surprised you need to ask it is all under control here in Pattaya, not one reported case of CV as far as I am led to believe so why panic.......LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, drbeach said:

What you have to understand though is that, Thai officials are obviously getting their cues from higher-ups at the WHO and UN and other agencies. If the WHO felt the need to shut down the world for 6 months or longer (unlikely) Thailand will be forced to follow suit and Pattaya will have to adapt. Besides, it won't just be Pattaya suffering, everyone across the world will be.

Yep, doubt they will give up the opportunity to impose 'martial" law worldwide! :wink:

A post and replies have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.