Visiting wifes village, multiple visits from doctor

NightSky

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

OH Baloney. They are picking on the foreigners for the most part and Anutin and his racist mouth is inciting the flippant undeserved attitude. As of now, anyone would be crazy to visit Thailand  now that they have put restrictions and tracking of foreigners into play. The Chinese were and are the cause of thsi. Nothing more nothing less

I guess you missed the recent news about the Thai workers returning from S. Korea, the 'pii noi' little ghosts?

The Thais were very <deleted> off about them traveling around visiting stores, nightspots, tourist spots. Tracking them in the villages is likely what really triggered what the OP posted about not xenophobia regarding Farangs that you are hung up on.

3 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I guess you missed the recent news about the Thai workers returning from S. Korea, the 'pii noi' little ghosts?

The Thais were very <deleted> off about them traveling around visiting stores, nightspots, tourist spots. Tracking them in the villages is likely what really triggered what the OP posted about not xenophobia regarding Farangs that you are hung up on.

No I see everything. But the fact is this came from the Chinese.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They ain't entering my property without a warrant and an armed swat team.

........... unless the nurses are wearing really cute outfits ...........

Yeah me too. Good luck getting into my property as I have almost 7 foot high enclosed fences. Can't even see in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

When I went to a local clinic two weeks ago for a sore throat, all the Thais separated themselves from me and gave me a wide berth. My whole family was sick with a fever, a cough, a sore throat after my brother-in-law came back from Bangkok.

I had a temperature as well and I asked to sit separate to everyone but instead, they rushed me straight in to see the doctor without waiting.

I had been only living in my village and not been to town for over a month. I was asked if I had travelled overseas and when I said no, they all breathed a sigh of relief. I just stay in my village and have been nowhere I told them. 

Two weeks later I am okay but I had to go back for antibiotics as the cold moved to my chest but it is almost totally gone now.

As far as I can see, every one is terrified. Today we went and had steamed pork at a popular spot for lunch in our village and there was not a person to be seen. We went just to get take-a-way. We got told next time they would be closed but for the next month or so they will be taking Foodpanda orders only.

Looks like in our area, people are being extra careful, ordering in from Foodpanda and just about everyone is wearing a face mask. The feeling of things has changed in the last few days I feel. Let's see what happens.

Antibiotics for a chest cold? Good doctors you have there.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NightSky said:

It looked like the entire clinic staff turned up. They asked me where I came from, recorded my passport details, asked about where I go out in Bangkok, took my temperature and took two photos of me sat with the visiting medics.

Let me get this straight, you live in Bangkok and visited Kalasin with your wife? You were checked but not your wife?

5 hours ago, KeeTua said:

The village health volunteers "aw-saw-maw" have been asked to do the reporting. Those 5-6 "nurses" are actually farmers and the volunteers.

Yes, and they need that many to pin you to the floor should they decide to take an anal swab. One on each limb , one on your head plus one to do the swabbing.

So many of the girls working in Korea now returning and the exodus of girls from Pattaya, Phuket etc when the bars are closed, will be going back to their Issan villages having been exposed to numerous travelling holidaying westerners and Chinese etc over the last few months...... they should all be given free testing as a matter of routine.

A girl given the choice of paying 6k for a Covid test or putting food and drink on the table for her family at Songkran will always go with the latter.

Once at the village within hours the village doctor called my wife’s family asking about the foreigner. This is understandable due to the covid 19 outbreak. My wife explained our movements and that we had no symptoms and that was that and so I thought...

...the following day the the same thing happened, the doctor called but also they visited the house. We were out at the local town market at the time so the doctor informed a neighbour they would be back tomorrow.

so today the doctor arrived with a government official dressed in uniform and no less than 5 or 6 nurses!

I am impressed the town is taking this seriously if maybe a little over the top.... might be that they are visiting more than just you - so for your place it is overkill.  I prefer safe than sorry though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sapson said:

So many of the girls working in Korea now returning and the exodus of girls from Pattaya, Phuket etc when the bars are closed, will be going back to their Issan villages having been exposed to numerous travelling holidaying westerners and Chinese etc over the last few months...... they should all be given free testing as a matter of routine.

A girl given the choice of paying 6k for a Covid test or putting food and drink on the table for her family at Songkran will always go with the latter.

They want to limit travel and slow down infections.

If they want to do that in Pattaya there's only one real way to do it and that's to lock down the entire city and allow supply vehicles in / out.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Yes, and they need that many to pin you to the floor should they decide to take an anal swab. One on each limb , one on your head plus one to do the swabbing.

In that case just send one cute one, she can sit on my head and do the swab.

• Haha 2

Referring to the OP's story. So this doctor and his nurses were able to find you without the aid of a Smart-car, imagine that. Maybe immigration should seek assistance from the hospital when looking for people, could save some money.

• Like 1

I've just come off the phone with my wife who live in Korat - very similar story. Doctor arrived at her home today and checked her temperature. Why, because someone told them she was in Vietnam with me last week!

Given that there are more recorded cases of Corona Virus in Thailand than there are in Vietnam, I suspect the check was more about her being with me than it was about Thailand.

What about Thai people coming from other areas of Thailand? Must be impossible for Thai's to infect Thai's!

Crazy!

10 hours ago, toolpush said:

Antibiotics for a chest cold? Good doctors you have there.

Usually by the time the infection has moved to thest, it has become bacterial, so appropriate that antibiotics are used for the bacterial infection

17 hours ago, BKKrichard said:

Mutual understanding is key here. People are simply concerned. 
Surely I would feel out of my comfort zone, but then again, just be friendly and cooperate, you are a visitor!

I agree be friendly with those nurses maybe you should have a full body check, just to make sure everything is still functioning :giggle:

10 hours ago, Gracas said:

Referring to the OP's story. So this doctor and his nurses were able to find you without the aid of a Smart-car, imagine that. Maybe immigration should seek assistance from the hospital when looking for people, could save some money.

About a year ago, a few hospital staff went to every street including of road tracks in our village and registered the house number with a GPS setting so if you need an ambulance they can locate you. ????????

• Like 1