Swampy & Emirates latest update

2long

Have any members been through Suvarnabhumi and/or on an Emirates flight recently?

My daughter and I are booked on a 1am flight (BKK-Dubai-LHR) in less than 2 weeks, and I'm hoping to hear that the airport is empty and flights half full.

Please only first-hand reports, if that's ever possible on here. ????????

The 1am flight, EK385, originates in Hong Kong.

Last week, the Thursday flight was cancelled, and passengers consolidated onto other Emirates flights. It may have been more than Thursday, so check that.

But, for sure, as passenger numbers decrease, and flights originating in places like China get cancelled, there'll be knock-on effects.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AjarnMartin said:

I don’t think that should affect transit passengers only using DXB as a hub for an onward journey...?

That's right, my mother flew BKK to UK a week and a half ago and transited in Dubai.

They've banned emirates citizens from going to various places, Thailand was on that list 2 weeks back.

She said there were plenty of people coughing with colds, etc on the flights.

1 hour ago, AjarnMartin said:

I don’t think that should affect transit passengers only using DXB as a hub for an onward journey...?

Correct.

Otherwise Emirates' business would shrink to a fraction (they would have to cease operation).

(deleted details about schedule)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Had a recent email from Emirates saying any flight booked on or before march 30th

can be changed without the usual fee although if the new date coincides with a higher

price time then you may have pay the difference.

As stated above the flight from Hong Kong is suspended so I'm guessing the later

flight to Dubai (2:00am iirc) would be condensed to form 1 flight. Not a problem

given the amount of travellers down across the planet.

Thermal screening in Dubai seems to be the only issue in transit there.

8 hours ago, OKF said:

this topic gets quite useless, just check the Emirates website, they update regularly, with maybe it, could be, perhaps nothing is sorted here

Well, thanks for your useless post. As I made clear in my original topic-opening post, I wanted first-hand reports from anyone who had been through the airport late at night recently or been on Emirates flights, specifically from BKK to LHR. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will go to Emirates office and check my options, but this whole forum's purpose is for members to share ideas and experiences, isn't it?

• Like 2

Due to fly in 2 days.  Cancelled my flight using the online form, as couldn't get through on the phone.  Got a confirmation email acknowledging my request, but reservation still shows when I logon & keep getting sms to check in.  Guess they're quite busy at the moment.

I went to Emirates office this morning to check options.

My flights are 60% full, and it'll cost me 5,000B/person to cancel, plus the 5,000B I wasted on selecting seats.

So I paid 40k and would get 25k back. Or can change date for free, apart from any fare difference.

Edited by 2long

I travelled on Friday 13th - the 02.00 flight to Dubai and then on to Manchester. The airport was quieter than normal. I was re-directed to the fast lane. My temperature was checked. Immigration next - here I had to put fingers and thumbs on the fingerprint reader. No antibacterial spray nor anticeptic wipes available. So take your own. 

It was like putting your fingers in a petri - dish with a. virus cocktail. 

1 hour ago, 2long said:

I went to Emirates office this morning to check options.

My flights are 60% full, and it'll cost me 5,000B/person to cancel, plus the 5,000B I wasted on selecting seats.

So I paid 40k and would get 25k back. Or can change date for free, apart from any fare difference.

On the online form I filled in for refund, Emirates website instructed me to put "Refund request due to Coronavirus" in the comments, so as to avoid the 5000bt charge for cancellation.  But my flight reservations are still there, & can't get through on the phone.  Flight leaves tomorrow morning.  Seating map shows it as almost full, but how many are like me, thinking they've cancelled?

Emirates suspends France, Germany, Nigeria and some U.S. flights.

Flights to France, Germany and Nigeria would be suspended from March 23, until further notice, a company email said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-emirates-transport/emirates-suspends-france-germany-nigeria-and-some-us-flights-idUKKBN2180IS

Wish good look.

Edited by futurespeter

The Emirates office is closed until further notice. ????????

I was unsure how much would be transferred to a 'travel voucher' so I raced to the office this morning.

Now I hope that my flight will be cancelled, which should increase my rights.

90794067_2579235392334673_221090493897900032_n.jpg