Entertainment venue owners don’t agree with plan to shut them down

webfact

10 hours ago, car720 said:

The question is:  How to get rid of the CCP when they also hold a nuclear trigger.  I can assure you that most Chinese would gladly see them gone but they have no ability to organize.

I would gather you are correct for the Chinese people wanting their government to go away as they are too controlling and wanting the world as their own, and it is total nonsense manufacturing a biological virus whether a weapon or not. I would gather that the Chinese death toll and infected people is far way greater than the piddley little numbers they pushed out.. But same as here in Thailand with the majority of the Thai people wanting their controllers to take a hike, but thank goodness there is no nuclear button and no stage 4 labs here. I will be amazed if Thailand gets the capability to take a sub beneath the water.

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I agree. And also the countries like Japan, S Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and the other ones caught up in this mess. I would almost think all EU and the USA but it is probably too late and inevitable to rear its little ugly Chinese lab made virus head. Blame the Chinese Government… Period! I do!

And who would you blame for the Spanish flu?

Two of my friends who work in a quality boutique hotel in Chiangmai have had their working week cut to four days a week for the foreseeable future and advised their working week maybe cut even further, this has also impacted their salaries; I know they’ll have problems supporting their families. 

• Like 1

As I said before the problem with closing all bars is that the "cart bars" will become more prevalant,,,,,,,, providing no toilets, proper handwashing facilities, paving the way for more infection & a major bacterial spread.

2 sois in Bangkok have these cart bars after 10pm (sanctioned by the BIB) & they are disease ridden & very bad,

An Indian tailor closed his doors because there was too much excretment on his steps every morning

• Like 1

Wonder if they will have any customers left in the first place as almost nobody is flying or travelling anymore right now.
That aside, isn't exactly the time to waste money in bars either. Better to preserve it in cash, in case this gets out of hand.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

20 hours ago, jaideeguy said:

'People have to eat though, so one hopes restaurants at least can keep their doors open, even if they provide a take away service only.'

Could be a good idea for the bars to do that too...................'provide a take away service' so you are only infecting one other person????!

All bars in Thailand have a Take Away service

20 hours ago, jaideeguy said:

'People have to eat though, so one hopes restaurants at least can keep their doors open, even if they provide a take away service only.'

Could be a good idea for the bars to do that too...................'provide a take away service' so you are only infecting one other person????!

Unfortunately this seems to be the intelligence level of most people in Thailand at the moment, only thing on their minds is prostitutes. 

I would be taking a wide berth from these incubators, only infecting one person, ya right! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Wonder if they will have any customers left in the first place as almost nobody is flying or travelling anymore right now.
That aside, isn't exactly the time to waste money in bars either. Better to preserve it in cash, in case this gets out of hand.

When this gets out of hand, the retirees etc will really u derstand how.much they are wanted there. Thais will receive food first, falang best get the <deleted> out of dodge while the wagon still can roll.

• Sad 2

i think thailand has passed the danger of this virus.

this virus is indeed cold countries virus and is not so succesfull in hot countries.

the govenment don't lie. the numbers of infected is low indeed,

the proof for it is that the hospitals are not crowded with sneezing and blood coughing

people.

so now the thai authorities are just following measures implmented by european cold 

countries. histeric catastrophic measures. more people will die from this panick than from the virus.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this virus is indeed cold countries virus and is not so succesfull in hot countries.

the proof for it is that the hospitals are not crowded with sneezing and blood coughing

people.

so now the thai authorities are just following measures implmented by european cold 

countries. histeric catastrophic measures. more people will die from this panick than from the virus.

And testing is very, very small and, I suspect, those that have had this virus very, very high ergo deaths well below 1% and those are mainly elderly with health conditions prior.

Is the shutdown in effect?  

1.  Cineplex at KSK was closed and the sign says they will be closed until March 31.

2.  SFX Cinema at Maya was open and no signs were posted indicating an impending shutdown. 

3.  Several Massage shops on Niman were closed.  

4.  Coffee Stands and just about all the restaurants were open on Niman.

5.  My Gym is open and the other gyms in my area were also still open.  

TIT:  Consistently Inconsistent.

Also, I contacted two of the banks that sell Health Insurance and asked about Covid 19 Insurance:

One said they do not sell such a policy.  Another said they only sell to Thai’s.  

Luckily I have a Pacific Cross policy(because of the Non Imm OA Police Order) and confirmed i have coverage under the existing policy.

Now back to “Social Distancing” and Quasi Isolation.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

people.

And yet everyday, more and more people are infected and the number grows......

"i think thailand has passed the danger of this virus, DO YOU REALLY? 

Edited by ThailandRyan

I've closed my bar/restaurant and haven't even been asked to close.

90% of my custom is retired expats with underlying medical problems.ive told them weeks ago what is likely to happen and don't expect any sort of medical help with or without insurance because the hospitals will be over flowing.

myself im in isolation and looking forward to Netflix,the pool,air con,cooking and some needed DIY.

My favourite bar has just told me that Chiang Mai is following the example of Bangkok Metro and Pattaya. So from tomorrow until the end of the month all entertainment venues and places where crowds gather such as Walking Street are closed.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:26 PM, jany123 said:

And who would you blame for the Spanish flu?

Wasn't the Spanish by the way. The place of origin is still unknown. Called Spanish because of the reported number of deaths there and even those numbers may have been over estimated

????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, Trujillo said:

Closing your bar voluntarily means you don't need the income and it's just a hobby. 

Everything open on Loy Khroh last night. Business as usual. 

More like commonsense #101.

• Like 1