Buriram placed in LOCKDOWN in bid to stop spread of COVID-19

webfact

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

Special quarantine areas will be introduced at hospitals in the province, while a local hotel will be used as a temporary hospital if needed.

I was just informed by my sister that Germany shuts down its borders and now I see Buri Ram shut down.

They don't tell us the truth. There must be many cases. Is anybody living there?

There may be zero cases and they'll still go into lock down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Very confusing... Buriram in lockdown, yet little P says everything under control..... Somebodies telling porkies.

Always like your comments Col

But what about little Somchai passing through the field tracks to where ever 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, connda said:

Time to roll out 90 day reporting and TM30 for all Thais.  Maybe reintroduce the TM28.  These systems are up and running, so start tracking and monitoring your own citizens.  Misery loves company.  I'm sure the Thai populace will enjoy the jackboots.

Farangs over 70,  expect to be on house arrest soon in los. 

90 day , virus exemption ..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I just read that two Italians escaped from quarantine on Koh Samui and are believed to be on Koh Phangan if Phangan gets infected we are well and truly in the $#IT€

Talk about selfish!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, timendres said:

That is a "lock down"?

Everything in the OP news report seems to be oriented to policing people coming INTO the province... And nothing about Buriram residents not being able to move OUT of the province to other areas...  In my book, normally, the latter is what a lockdown typically means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Everything in the OP news report seems to be oriented to policing people coming INTO the province... And nothing about Buriram residents not being able to move OUT of the province to other areas...  In my book, normally, the latter is what a lockdown typically means.

Yes. The message from Newin is that this is about "protecting" Buriram from outside infections.