Thailand confirms 33 new COVID-19 infections, 147 cases in total

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's not fake news. I have family that work as senior doctors, one in Rayong hospital. Do you think they would lie to me? Do you think as doctors, they don't know the number of cases in their hospital?

I totally disagree, I think giving real news is the responsible thing to do.

Getting back to my initial comment that an Isaan victim was wrongly claimed on another forum.

This claim was made by someone who's Thai wife had spoken to a doctor at the hospital while there on other business. When pressed for verification, the initiator of this rumor went on to suggest that the doctor was their long-time family doctor. When pressed for something more factual, they then stressed that this family doctor was a long-time personal friend. The 'why would they lie?' argument was tossed in at the end.

I am in agreement with you that real news is lacking. I disagree that you are posting real news.

But this is a free-speaking forum so it's up to individuals reading it to make their own decisions.

9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

My sister is a consultant in the NHS.. She tells me they are well prepared...

I think she's in denial ????

Skepticism is global.

Edit... just noted that she's a 'consultant'. I reckon one should ask the regular NHS employee instead of a paid adviser. Your sister is probably in denial.

Edited by NanLaew

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's not fake news. I have family that work as senior doctors, one in Rayong hospital. Do you think they would lie to me? Do you think as doctors, they don't know the number of cases in their hospital?

I totally disagree, I think giving real news is the responsible thing to do.

So the information is correct about Rayong or Isaan hospital because a family member senior doctor gave you the information and he/she wouldn't lie.

Do you think your family member doctor is the only doctor with that information at the hospital and that you are the only person that doctor told about the infection rate?

2 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

So the information is correct about Rayong or Isaan hospital because a family member senior doctor gave you the information and he/she wouldn't lie.

Do you think your family member doctor is the only doctor with that information at the hospital and that you are the only person that doctor told about the infection rate?

no and no

16 hours ago, Brigand said:

Coronavirus isn't just floating around in the air, it's on surfaces and can survive for a few days apparently. This is why the face mask thing is rubbish. Unless someone sneezes in your direction or next to you, they are little use other than giving you psychological comfort that you are trying to protect yourself and doing what the herd is also (plus they are designed to stop you spreading something to others).

Most people, it appears, are infected from touching stuff/sharing stuff and then touching their faces. It gets in through your nose, mouth and eyes. Wash hands and don't touch your face is the best thing you can do. Face masks should be reserved for health workers etc. and folks should be encouraged to wipe down commonly used things with antiseptics.

Absolutely & that's why western Europe and USA are either closing restaurants & bars etc., or heavily recommending caution. The scary thing is how long virus survives on surfaces be it home , work, bars,  school, cafes, schools etc., People need to know about hygiene issues in a country where food is often brought outside. In UK all people above 70 are about to be told to stay home. In UK its the private schools (middle class)  &  universities closing now.

Lets forget about temperature this virus is rampant globally & I guess the reported rates are function of a country's testing regime with Korea being very high but less so in developing nations especially in regions.

The bottom line - really do keep away from crowded places , wash hands obsessively if out and about,   isolate immediately if have fever ( even mild) and persistent dry cough. Protect the very elderly who already have conditions. With advanced nations testing frequently this virus leaves many OK but for the minority just look at China, Iran, Italy and Spain. Middle aged are also at serious risk. Western Europe are now going into the take off point where figures double/treble daily. 

Edited by peter48

17 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Or they are now making cases public, now that the rest of the world is in chaos.

Possibly but higher temperatures actually shorten the life of the virus when exposed to the atmosphere.  

51 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Countries around the world are giving free tests unlike Thailand and personally I think that's disgusting considering many people could never afford to have the test

I assume all tests required by the authorities are free of charge. Only people deciding to self test are being asked to pay. This is standard procedure in many places for good reason.  Is there evidence otherwise?

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
25 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

no and no

Well if that many people know besides you that one hospital has 400 positive cases I should soon be reading about it in the Daily Tageblatt if not from one of the investigative reporters here on THV who have their trusted contacts as well.