Thailand confirms 33 new COVID-19 infections, 147 cases in total

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, justin case said:

27, and how cold it is in shopping malls, supermarkets, airports, most offices ?

Indeed !!! That is a good point .  The air condition in our bedroom has broken down and the engineer doesn't come to fix it . I had commented to my sister and how hot we are in the night with just a fan , she said better not to use the air condition either by day or night .

2 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I'd love to know what the rate is in Isaan, but we never will as no one will get tested ????

If I tell you the official rate, will you be able to resist posting "I told you so!" or the equally useless "Som naam-nah!" ?

13 hours ago, Traubert said:

China stopped mass testing on request and went to clinical diagnosis. That was when their spike happened, around 14th Feb. Testing is to slow to do it en masse, Stay with the PUI system. Test them only. Anything else is a waste of time, money and resources that could be  better used,

But mass testing has worked in South Korea in controlling the virus faster than China. Watch this from 3.50 to hear about S. Korea's success. Not much about Thailand as yet but I recommend following this English Doctor John Campbell on Youtube to get a cool and calm informed and objective scientific  global perspective...........

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Timwin said:

That is actually good news. The spreading is not exploding the same way as in northern countries. It is the hot&humid&UV lowering the R0 down. 

Hrmm. Not sure - maybe.

I still suspect there will be an explosion, and I'm not at ll sure about the story that hot weather will kill the virus, though people who rely on that will look a tad foolish if it turns out not to be right..

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

The way I read that list - it listed the private hospital prices (i.e. jumping the queue).

If the government (using it's criteria) requires you to be tested, I believe it is free (at certain specific hospitals).

but only for Thai people surely

49 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Udon army hospital is full with positive cases. 

How could I give a citation when there is a massive cover-up?

Sorry if you don't want to hear. Believe the govt if you want. 

I don't believe the government either.

But much more importantly, I don't believe you at all.

Can you give a citation for your alleged "massive cover-up" instead?

No?

Thanks for playing.

Edited by NanLaew

That is actually good news. The spreading is not exploding the same way as in northern countries. It is the hot&humid&UV lowering the R0 down. 

Porridge, custard and statistics are all lumpy. Areas which have enjoyed less explosive infection rates hitherto may well become less lumpy over time. Perhaps that's what we're seeing now. Thailand has enjoyed a bit of a charmed life in respect of Covid-19. Perhaps that is changing, it can certainly be predicted to shange, though the way it will change will not be clear...

16 hours ago, Timwin said:

And you know this how? Neither The WHO nor the CDC have said that this coronavirus will subside in the heat. Not sure you noticed but it's hot AF lately and it is still spreading. The truth is nobody knows how this virus will react when the weather warms. And it's as hot now in Thailand as it will ever get in many northern countries. 

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

If the numbers aren't being officially reported, how can we cite a source to show under-reporting?

Then one is simply recycling, regurgitating and endlessly rinse-repeating the same old unsubstantiated personal opinions. Ad nauseum.

Regardless of how many people subscribe to any popular opinion, there are no tangible facts being presented here.

I understand that there may be a clique of disenchanted, discomfited and those who are plain scared witless and they badly need this affirmation echo-chamber but in the long run, anecdotal tales, hearsay and gossip doesn't really help anyone.

33 minutes ago, Toscano said:

As I read from the well informed , the virus does not survive in temperatures above 27°c , so now with the very hot weather starting that should augur well for Thailand . I am advised that if you get a sore throat , to gargle with either salt or vinegar added to warm water , alternatively with some 40 degrees alcohol . Either way will kill the virus and hopefully prevent more serious development .

Then we shouldn't have Lhao Khao victims at all. killed by the virus?

Only from the alcohol and chemicals that's inside. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If I tell you the official rate, will you be able to resist posting "I told you so!" or the equally useless "Som naam-nah!" ?

I've never posted either lol you must have me mixed up with someone else. Anyway, unless somethings changed in the last couple of hours the official rate is zero. I just don't believe it...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

But mass testing has worked in South Korea in controlling the virus faster than China. Watch this from 3.50 to hear about S. Korea's success. Not much about Thailand as yet but I recommend following this English Doctor John Campbell on Youtube to get a cool and calm informed and objective scientific  global perspective...........

Agreed Dr. John seems to be very good...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

I doubt it, the only way to find out if it spreads as much in hot weather is to see how it pans out over the next few weeks and then compare it with the colder countries.

Isn't it hot and humid in Australia now and what about some of the African and sub saharan countries that have it 

14 hours ago, rabas said:

No there isn't. It's more like Steve McQueen in the movie The Great Escape. The PM2.5 particle is the motorcycle, Steve is the covid19 and the barrier is the path into your lungs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ccVu992CYE

It’s a powerful scene and all, but are you sure you want to make the virus the protagonist? ????

24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I don't believe the government either.

But much more importantly, I don't believe you at all.

Can you give a citation for your alleged "massive cover-up" instead?

No?

Thanks for playing.

Rather a rude response. I'm sure other people here, who don't know senior doctors and health officials, would like to hear the truth. 

Thanks for playing what? You are acting somewhat irrationally.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Toscano said:

Outward appearances may be similar on arrival at hospital , but a blood test easily distinguishes between the two . 

So is the dengue surge just a coincidence or possibly deliberate misdiagnosis?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Rather a rude response. I'm sure other people here, who don't know senior doctors and health officials, would like to hear the truth. 

Thanks for playing what? You are acting somewhat irrationally.  

Irrational maybe. But not irresponsible.

When I questioned your first claim that there are 400 +ve's at a single eastern province hospital, you bolstered your argument by claiming that an Isaan hospital is chock full of 'em. Do you have any numbers from the Bangkok hospitals?

Posting fake news is irresponsible, regardless if it's the government or those that can only make an unsubstantiated claim to know better.

Edited by NanLaew

24 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Porridge, custard and statistics are all lumpy. Areas which have enjoyed less explosive infection rates hitherto may well become less lumpy over time. Perhaps that's what we're seeing now. Thailand has enjoyed a bit of a charmed life in respect of Covid-19. Perhaps that is changing, it can certainly be predicted to shange, though the way it will change will not be clear...

Statistics can be made to tell what one wants to tell, Most statistics are for those who do not or can not do their own research and of course, when the actual numbers are not given because there were no tests given then of course the statistics lie.  The fact that a temperature scan is considered a screening test and is added to those who go to the hospital shows that they are not serious about this.  Why not add in all of the people screened at the malls, and Makro, they include Chaeng Watthana, what a farce.....Liars lie and so do statistics given for there own reason.....

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Irrational maybe. But not irresponsible.

Posting fake news is irresponsible, regardless if it's the government or those that can only make an unsubstantiated claim to know better.

It's not fake news. I have family that work as senior doctors, one in Rayong hospital. Do you think they would lie to me? Do you think as doctors, they don't know the number of cases in their hospital?

I totally disagree, I think giving real news is the responsible thing to do.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's not fake news. I have family that work as senior doctors, one in Rayong hospital. Do you think they would lie to me? Do you think as doctors, they don't know the number of cases in their hospital?

I totally disagree, I think giving real news is the responsible thing to do.

My sister is a consultant in the NHS.. She tells me they are well prepared...

I think she's in denial ????

yes and my uncle has an elephant that does the backstroke. Is places like Iran not a hot country yet seen to have have have a lot more or Corona virus cases even though seemingly not even reporting to the full extent. Countries around the world are giving free tests unlike Thailand and personally I think that's disgusting considering many people could never afford to have the test

4 minutes ago, SunsetT said:
50 minutes ago, Toscano said:

Outward appearances may be similar on arrival at hospital , but a blood test easily distinguishes between the two . 

So is the dengue surge just a coincidence or possibly deliberate misdiagnosis?

I recall that very early in this debacle, one of the first Covid-19 deaths was being presented as being either initially misdiagnosed or compounded by a concurrent dengue infection. Some said there was no dengue while some said that dengue was the underpinning disease that compromised the victims immunity. There was no clear last word from the hospital or the DPH on what the true facts were. Hence the gossip and rumor mill was fueled.

I am not defending the obviously inadequate and incorrect steps taken by the government here. Their lack of transparency on the whole affair is unquestionable. However, feeding the rumor mill is equally counterproductive when most people are only seeking some degree of guidance and comfort. I am pretty confident that some readers would have already gone off on a panicked and fruitless google search for "infected" Rayong or Udon hospitals based on what?

Rumor.

4 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

yes and my uncle has an elephant that does the backstroke. Is places like Iran not a hot country yet seen to have have have a lot more or Corona virus cases even though seemingly not even reporting to the full extent. Countries around the world are giving free tests unlike Thailand and personally I think that's disgusting considering many people could never afford to have the test

Iran is seasonal and fairly cool at the moment but I do agree about Thailands hospital money making scheme at this time being disgusting

Edited by CraigInBangkok