Rajjaprabha Dam Golf Course

JAS21

Well we have been here a few days now.  The are offering a 50% green fee reduction up to the end of March. When I asked why they said ...not many coming. And today there were very few on the course.

There is dual pricing, but I like the course and it's a very attractive price at present anyway. Weekends normal green fee price is 1000thb for Thai and 1500thb for foreigner. Week days 600thb for Thai and 1000thb for foreigner.

So today we paid a total of 2000thb excluding the caddy tip.

Green fees 300+500
Caddy fees 300+300
Buggy 600 ...many walk but it is a bit hilly in places.

Now as MrsJ is over 60 ...65 actually but don't anyone let out that I said that ... she gets a 40% reduction on accommodation and also because she played golf another 10% reduction. There are several choices of EGAT accommodation and we stayed at Ban Saenchan ... quite acceptable ...and cost 750thb/night. 

The course is in supberb condition,the greens are really good and the views are impressive.

There are actually three place where we had meals. The golf course, the main restaurant and another private place.

So basically quite a cheap golfing holiday, i had the same caddy for all days, he spoke english and plays off nine so was very useful.  

When we get back I may post a few pics.  We were actually down this way doing a bit of snorkeling etc, but just happened to take our clubs ...

Well worth a visit … in general we find that EGAT courses are very good value compared to private ones. I definitely prefer this one to Sirikit or Mae Moh.

We will be back in BK on Wednesday … hope that there will still be some food left in the shops …. 

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, topt said:

JAS21 can you give me rough idea where this is - eg what is the nearest big place I may have heard of?

Thanks

The dam is vey famous … is in Surat Thani   8.972974  98.804984

Google EGAT Golf Courses ..they are all worth a visit. Actually I like Sri Nakaring Dam Course as much as any of them. That is 100thb for Thai and 400thb for us!

I just find this for you ..

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2237707-d9763810-Reviews-Rajjaprabha_Dam_Golf_Course-Ban_Ta_Khun_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Edited by JAS21
  • Thanks 1