Marriage extension 400K in bank how long?

I am an American marriage last year to a Thai and we have a marriage certificate also. For the marriage Extension process I know I must first get a 90 day Non O visa and put 400,000 baht in a Thaibank as soon as I arrive. Then make the application after 60 days. Can someone tell me how much longer my money will have to stay in that account? Is it the whole 90 days? Or is it the 90 days plus another 30 days after the Marriage Extension is approved? What about in the second and third years, etc? A total of 2 months? 3 months? Thanks in advance for any help.

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

2 months prior to the application, and some offices require to be in the bank for the 'under consideration' period ( until the extension is issued)

Thank you. Does anyone know an online reference with the exact details of this?Thank you. Does anyone know an online reference with the exact details of this?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you want to know about?

My general list of requirements is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Thank you. I simply want to know how many months I have to keep my money in the bank for the first year when I am in the marriage extension process (2, 3, 4 months?) and each following year when I renew (2 months?). You can see the first response to my post also talked about an “under consideration period”. So does that mean as soon as I get the approval I can take the money out of the bank no problem?

21 minutes ago, sagra said:

So does that mean as soon as I get the approval I can take the money out of the bank no problem?

After the extension is approved you can what you want to with the 400k baht until 2 months before you apply for the next extension.

In the time between getting your 90-day non-O until you apply for your first 1-year extension, you should not touch the money.  That period is really only about 2 months. After applying for the 1-year extension, don't touch the money till you pick up your passport with your new stamps.  So that whole initial period is on the order of 3-4 months. 

From then on, you need the money in the bank 2 months before applying for each annual extension, and maybe up to 1 month afterwards.  That means for 9 months of the year, the money is yours to do what you want with it.

12 hours ago, USNret said:

In the time between getting your 90-day non-O until you apply for your first 1-year extension, you should not touch the money.  That period is really only about 2 months. After applying for the 1-year extension, don't touch the money till you pick up your passport with your new stamps.  So that whole initial period is on the order of 3-4 months. 

From then on, you need the money in the bank 2 months before applying for each annual extension, and maybe up to 1 month afterwards.  That means for 9 months of the year, the money is yours to do what you want with it.

Great. Thanks USNret!

So, 3-4 months first year, 2-3 months subsequent years.

• 8 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

After the extension is approved you can what you want to with the 400k baht until 2 months before you apply for the next extension.

Sounds good many thanks. I hope to get my extension next week and after that I can withdraw some money and just top it up 2 months before the visa expires.

Archived