Prosecution looming after overweight truck causes bridge collapse in Bangkok

webfact

In the Naewna story in the OP, the Deputy Governor of BKK, Mr Sakchai Bunma, claimed the truck had a tyre blow out, causing the truck to raise up then come crashing down on the bridge, collapsing it. All sounds a bit confused.
Here's Google Street View of the bridge before the crash:
https://www.google.com/maps/@13.5687296,100.4194062,3a,58y,25.92h,95.05t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sg9VFfp5Mg7s07K9Lrw3kDA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!9m2!1b1!2i39

11 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Never seem an SWL sign on any bridge.....

Bridge weight limit is immaterial if the road on either side is 30t? unless you want to be pedantic - Just Weird? 

On 3/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, katana said:

In the Naewna story in the OP, the Deputy Governor of BKK, Mr Sakchai Bunma, claimed the truck had a tyre blow out, causing the truck to raise up then come crashing down on the bridge, collapsing it. All sounds a bit confused.
Here's Google Street View of the bridge before the crash:
https://www.google.com/maps/@13.5687296,100.4194062,3a,58y,25.92h,95.05t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sg9VFfp5Mg7s07K9Lrw3kDA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!9m2!1b1!2i39

Those darn brake failures and tire blow outs seem to be the cause of every thing in Thailand.  But seriously, a tire blow causing the truck to raise up? 

Same old story. 

Why do two trips when you can pile it all on one.

Should be charged with endangering life too.

Made to pay for the bridge. 

Driving an unsafe vehicle. 

Driving licence cancelled. 

And his employer also fined for allowing the above...

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 5:41 PM, gk10002000 said:

Those darn brake failures and tire blow outs seem to be the cause of every thing in Thailand.  But seriously, a tire blow causing the truck to raise up? 

Ive been an automotive engineer over 40 years and Thailand never ceases to amaze me, and the excuses..

A tyre blow out will cause a vehicle to drop...

Especially if its loaded with around 40 tonnes of coil steel.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:16 PM, userabcd said:

Does someone know what a temporary "berry bridge" may be.

from my CCF days at school, when we built one, i believe they are bailey bridges. dont want to be too judgemental but this could be another example of poor checking of facts/reporting. unless berry bridges really are a thing...