Chong Chom Crossing.

khwaibah

I have just returned from SI and have confirmed with them and there was NO misunderstanding:D

1. Surin Immigration is NOT moving to Surin it is staying in Kap Choeng.:D:D:D BUT they are plaining on a new office in Surin at what they call the new government office.;;bad simle;;

2. The BIG ONE. The Chong Chom Crossing IS NOT CLOSED BUT Americans, French and Italians can not use it and other nationalities may be added. If you are one of the three I mentioned Thai Immigration will not stamp you out.;;exciting;;

I wonder if it is even if it just a simple border run?

Reason I ask, I am on a Marriage Visa ( german passport ) and will need to do a quick border run ( out and back in within an hour )....probably at the ChongMek border. My border run isn't due until ~April 20th....by then I am pretty sure the borders will be all "closed". Question is how extreme are they closed? Do they not issue visa on arrivals anymore? Do they not stamp ANYBODY? IF that is the case, would the immigration in Ubon make an exception and stamp a "border run" or extend it another 90 days?

NewPix, this thread might give you an indication of what's happening on the Laos border.

I know nothing about the specific Cambodian situation other than what's discussed in this thread

I have seen postings by one of the visa agencies promoting the fact that they can get extensions extended (by 30/60/90? days - it was a combination of 2 of these but can't remember which two) with the implication (or was it explicit statement) that immigration is allowing this at Immigration Offices as a reaction to the current closures of borders. You would see those ads if you went on the website for "[our mutual city] Expats" - can't post a link on here. Perhaps PM UbonJoe with a specific request.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

NewPix, this thread might give you an indication of what's happening on the Laos border.

Not as bad as the title appears.

Read the 2nd post on it I made. After some research I did about the mentioned crossings.

Mostly small crossings and those from Vietnam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1