Jump to content
BANGKOK
ANDREW999

My experience getting a 2nd extension with italian embassy letter

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello. Im just back from Imm office in Samut Prakan where I attempted to get a 2nd 30 days extension on my SETV. I came with the original letter from the italian embassy, I followed the normal procedure of an extension, but suddenly I was asked for more proof of myself staying in my gf's house. I have to say this is not the 1st time I go to that office to extend. I did an extension last year, and one this year.

 

This time I was asked to bring pictures of me inside & outside of my gf's house, and all those papers I was asked the last year (tm 7, her original id & copy, copy of house ownership papers, her signature in several papers, fill up the tm7, fill up another paper where I promise I won't overstay and what would happen to me). Plus, 1900, of course. Ah, my gf was also asked to draw a map from her house until the immigration office (1st ever too).

 

I thought it was a good sign not to be rejected or being given 30 days after such a "specific" process. But, at the end I got 7 extra days as most of the italians i have been reading from. I still had 9 days on my 1st extension (which expires on March 26) and I got a new stamp until April 3. They respected my days left and they granted me 7 more.

 

Once they gave back my passport, the woman told me to come back on april 3rd. I was like: here? yes yes... I thought she meant go back home. I got ya. But not. as you will see in the picture, the stamp i got is the 90 days one, and they asked me to come back to Imm office on 3rd april, not home. I guess they want me to pay 1900 weekly until corona disappears. Nice.

 

This ruins my plans anyway, as I needed 30 days to be able to change to non b inside Thailand. My company prepared papers to do it in Laos, but due to my passport origin, and trusting in this embassy's letter, they were just switching plans for me to be able do the process inside Thailand. 

 

So, right now, i live day by day, not knowing what are they gonna tell me on April 3. I dont have the papers to change to non b in Laos (I hope I can get them again before april 3), and even if I have them, I should go to Laos praying to be admitted in Thailand again without any sort of test, medical certification, quarantine in an official facility or whatever (I have been in Thailand since before the coronavirus outbreak).

 

So, guys, specially italian ones, I hope you have better luck if you are planning to apply for a 2nd extension. I just want you to be realistic, people is not getting 30 days so far.

 

Cheers, forza, and good luck! I really hope you all get what you need. The best I got myself is the covid-19 word in my passport.

IMG_20200317_141229.jpg

Edited by ANDREW999
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds more like that when you return on the third and if the corona situation hasn't changed they will give you more days. Maybe just another "under consideration" stamp for another week, or maybe a longer extension.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's what I think. I mean, it's better to my initial impression. "Leave the country on that day". But it's still worthless for me right now. Still, they don't know my plans, so it seems coherent to check and recheck every 7 days with a tourist that wants to come back to his country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe you are under consideration for a long extension (at least 60 days). That is why there were looking for proof of your relationship with your GF. It is up to those at region headquarters, but you may receive good news on April 3. I do not think you will be asked for another 1,900 baht. You will simply discover whether your request for the original extension has been granted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I believe you are under consideration for a long extension (at least 60 days). That is why there were looking for proof of your relationship with your GF. It is up to those at region headquarters, but you may receive good news on April 3. I do not think you will be asked for another 1,900 baht. You will simply discover whether your request for the original extension has been granted.

That possibility doesn't sound realistic to me at all. At least not in Thailand. But, hey, how great it would be. It would give me time enough to change to non b inside the country. But I have the feeling i'll be given 7 extra days, this time with a stamp to leave the country in the specified date. I mean, what is my excuse, or their reason to give me such as 60 days extra? They didnt even ask me if I have travel insurance (luckily I do until December, and they assured me i'm covered for anything, including corona, up to 200.000 euros). Without that, how can they simply not assume I wont be only but an extra charge to Thailand? The closure of Italy and Europe borders now is not enough to be treated as some sort of refugee. The states already said that citizens will be allowed to come back. This thing just hit me in the middle of a process of becoming resident. But for now on, im just a tourist that should go home when he is able to.

 

About the proof of relationship, the woman asked to my gf in thai what kind of relationship we had, and my gf answered "friends". Later she explained to me that she didn't know what to answer her since we are not married yet. Someone is punishing me... 😂 So, in my opinion, they just asked for real proof of me staying at someone's house. 

 

In your opinion, should I just wait here until April 3, with the risk of several changes in borders during these days, or should i just run fast to Laos to change to non b next week, if possible? 

 

 

Edited by ANDREW999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my extreme negative experience with samut prakarn immigration is just begin deleted ?

 

can people not know what really goes on overthere ?  

 

abuse of power to the limit swept under the carpet ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry for your experience. 

 

My Italian friend - on a SETV already extended once - claimed that Jomtien Immigration gave him 30 days with that letter from his embassy. 

 

I can not confirm since I haven't seen his passport. What immigration office are you visiting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm sorry for your experience. 

 

My Italian friend - on a SETV already extended once - claimed that Jomtien Immigration gave him 30 days with that letter from his embassy. 

 

I can not confirm since I haven't seen his passport. What immigration office are you visiting?

When did your friend go? If that matters...

 

A few italians said on Embassy's fb that they received 7 on Jomtien. However, they didn't confirm rather it's a "come back to this office in 7 days" stamp as in my case, or a "leave the country before" one.

 

I went to the one I always go. Samut Prakarn imm, next to the river.

Edited by ANDREW999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this sound as ''show your face every 7 days and pray''  🙏 Take the luggage with you 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BritTim said:

I believe you are under consideration for a long extension (at least 60 days). That is why there were looking for proof of your relationship with your GF.

nope, samut in my experience, they know who is boss and do as they want.

 

I ended up, with my LAWYER on the phone with head of their office.

 

And the head of office seemed to pretend the LAW better than my lawyer.

 

Or he really sucks at his job.

 

I wanted a solution and my child told me they were about to KICK US OUT, because I asked to be helped !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, ANDREW999 said:

...Once they gave back my passport, the woman told me to come back on april 3rd. I was like: here? yes yes... I thought she meant go back home. I got ya. But not. as you will see in the picture, the stamp i got is the 90 days one, and they asked me to come back to Imm office on 3rd april, not home. I guess they want me to pay 1900 weekly until corona disappears. Nice...

 

I see nothing on the stamp you posted to indicate that you got a 90-day extension of stay, if this is what meant with "the 90 days one". What I see is that you have to visit immigration again on 7 April to be informed if your application for extension by 30 days is approved. 

 

I making their decision, the immigration office may take into consideration the seriousness of your necessity for this second extension under clause 2.28 of Police Order 327/2557:

  1. Did you have a confirmed flight out of Thailand prior to the expiration of the permission to stay you had when you made your first application for extension?
  2. If yes to number 1, was that flight cancelled or delayed and were you unable to make arrangements for an alternate flight prior to the expiration of your permission to stay?
  3. If yes to number 2, what efforts for an alternate flight or other transportation out of Thailand did you make?
  4. What additional efforts for alternate transportation out of Thailand did you make since your second application for a 30-day extension?

 

You see, this particular type of extension of stay is not there just for the asking; it is reserved for cases of an unavoidable necessity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Maestro said:

 

I see nothing on the stamp you posted to indicate that you got a 90-day extension of stay, if this is what meant with "the 90 days one". What I see is that you have to visit immigration again on 7 April to be informed if your application for extension by 30 days is approved. 

 

I making their decision, the immigration office may take into consideration the seriousness of your necessity for this second extension under clause 2.28 of Police Order 327/2557:

  1. Did you have a confirmed flight out of Thailand prior to the expiration of the permission to stay you had when you made your first application for extension?
  2. If yes to number 1, was that flight cancelled or delayed and were you unable to make arrangements for an alternate flight prior to the expiration of your permission to stay?
  3. If yes to number 2, what efforts for an alternate flight or other transportation out of Thailand did you make?
  4. What additional efforts for alternate transportation out of Thailand did you make since your second application for a 30-day extension?

 

You see, this particular type of extension of stay is not there just for the asking; it is reserved for cases of an unavoidable necessity.

The Italian embassy must have considered this as an unavoidable necessity for Italians, since it's them who have been suggesting people to apply for a 2nd extension instead of doing visa run to change visas or trying to get home.

 

I didn't mean I got a 90 days stamp. That's a mistake in the writing. I meant to say I got a different stamp than the normal extension one. I assume I got a conditional one up to April 3. That's it all I got. I don't know what i'm gonna get on that day; I presume that some extra days to definitely leave the country.

 

Edited by ANDREW999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i just got back from Samut Prakan IO after my "under consideration stamp" on March 17. I must be the first one (at least I was in Samut Prakan office) to apply and come back there after first attempt to 2nd extend. Maybe that's why I wasnt required to bring the landlord (my father in law) with me. God bless.

 

First of all, if you go to that IO, you dont need to be there at 4 am. I was Scared about CW comments, so I arrived at 6:30 am. I have been totally alone until 7:30. At 8:30 there was a big crowd, and I dont recommend you to arrive at that time, but you should be ok by showing up at 7 something. Still, they dont respect lines at all or security space, so you might need to complain to an IO  as I did (yes, i had to be that person) or everyone will go before you.

 

So, on first stamp I got 8 extra days to the 9 remaining on my 1st extension. And today I have been given 22 days extra. So I left the IO with some victory taste. I dont know what is going to happen after April 25, as I still dont have days enough to resubmit papers and change to non b inside Thailand. But at least I have some extra days to find out a solution, or a flight to Europe that is not cancelled.

 

Overstay is not a solution for me, even if I have to lose the job, get the virus, and separate from my gf for some time. Im seriously starting to reconsider my future in this country. There must be another way to "deal" with us with risking the national security.

 

1904588609_WhatsAppImage2020-04-03at09_18_26.thumb.jpeg.e59f88aea8c0c9afad40f9202dff0e9c.jpeg.

 

 

Edited by ANDREW999
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What paper work did you need to bring to get the remainder of the days? Did you need to pay 1900 baht once again?

 

Thanks, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...