Am I in trouble if landlord has not completed a TM. 30?

Can someone clear up for me what exactly happens to myself if the Thai authorities realise my condo landlord hasn't filed a TM. 30?

I booked a 3 weeks stay at the condo through a friend, not directly with the landlord(I have no idea who this person even is). 

I've just changed some money at a money exchange and had to provide my passport and fill in a form detailing where I'm staying. 

I assume this goes to immigration. I'm moving in to a hotal in Pattaya tomorrow and will then be TM.30 registered for sure but in the meantime I'm becoming increasingly worried I'm gonna be in trouble with the authorities. 

I read somewhere some guy saying it's a 1600baht fine for each day a Tm30 is not reported.

Ive been here 21 days????

Any information or guidance would be much appreciated 

The money exchange documents are not sent to immigration. The money changer keeps them for their records.

Immigration only looks for your most recent TM30 report and the hotels report will be the only one they care about.

• Thanks 1

Very much doubt you'll be in trouble, I came to and went from Thailand for 4-5 years without realizing my landlord had never filed a TM30 in all that time. Maybe the overnight stay at a hotel near Suvarnabhumi airport was enough for them, each time I came back.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The money exchange documents are not sent to immigration. The money changer keeps them for their records.

Immigration only looks for your most recent TM30 report and the hotels report will be the only one they care about.

Thanks very much for the reply. 

I tend to worry about and overthink these things a lot. 

Earlier today I had  had my EVA flight cancelled and had to reschedule for April 15th.

Ill need a 30 day visa extension, do you think I should be OK to get that at Jontiem? 

To be honest, I'm considering knocking this holiday on the head and flying back home next week. With the coronavirus  who knows if flights will be available by April 15th? 

Edited by Adbro1

8 minutes ago, Adbro1 said:

Thanks very much for the reply. 

I tend to worry about and overthink these things a lot. 

Earlier today I had  had my EVA flight cancelled and had to reschedule for April 15th.

Ill need a 30 day visa extension, do you think I should be OK to get that at Jontiem? 

To be honest, I'm considering knocking this holiday on the head and flying back home next week. With the coronavirus  who knows if flights will be available by April 15th? 

First up you won't have a problem with your tm30. If you decide to obtain an extension then stress to hotel you move to soon to do a tm30. Personally I would even ask for print out. They can do it easily. (you won't need it).

As for shorten your trip, imo that's what I would be doing.

Get out while travel options still available.

OP, I'm seriously not a fan of scaremongering. You mention in your op that you are considering returning home.

Just now the AU PM has recommended that Australian citizens return home. Meaning now.

They have more sources of information than us.

I'm staying in los because I live here and permission of stay not an issue. If I was a tourist, I would be leaving asap. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I'm seriously not a fan of scaremongering. You mention in your op that you are considering returning home.

Just now the AU PM has recommended that Australian citizens return home. Meaning now.

They have more sources of information than us.

I'm staying in los because I live here and permission of stay not an issue. If I was a tourist, I would be leaving asap. 

Watching the UK news,the situation does seem to be worsening and reports are that airports themselves could go bust, let alone the airlines. 

But... does anyone have any idea what my situation would be if let's says I could get home, what would the Thai authorities do with me, would they allow me to stay indefinitely, would I have to sek refuge in the British Embassy? 

If I really couldn't return, I do have an expat friend I can stay with and I believe my work would be fairly understandable about the situation. 

I'm just thinking about the worst case scenario here. 

15 minutes ago, Adbro1 said:

Watching the UK news,the situation does seem to be worsening and reports are that airports themselves could go bust, let alone the airlines. 

But... does anyone have any idea what my situation would be if let's says I could get home, what would the Thai authorities do with me, would they allow me to stay indefinitely, would I have to sek refuge in the British Embassy? 

If I really couldn't return, I do have an expat friend I can stay with and I believe my work would be fairly understandable about the situation. 

I'm just thinking about the worst case scenario here. 

Think about it. Why would you be cut some slack. You have option to leave now.

Do so or risk the unknown. 

Some of your comments bit out there. You won't get much help at embassy.

Right now as I'm typing this my gf informs me Vietnam just now announced 14 day isolation for more countries. Think includes Thai. 

Can any members confirm this or dismiss.

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, Adbro1 said:

I was just thinking of worst case scenarios because of the possibilities of airports closing altogether. 

Surely no way to get home then

I can't work out what your thinking! 

You get sick here and need hospital do not think for one minute that you will receive assistance. The cost of treatment would be serious concern. Your a tourist. Go home.