Who's staying vs who's leaving? Coronavirus edition.

20 hours ago, stament said:

Yep think it's folly to think that schools will reopen as normal in May.

My preference is to delay the opening rather than do online learning. Don't think it's really feasible for the younger children. Plus families with multiple children would require multiple laptops and in some cases parent supervision.

Not quite the same as being in a classroom.

And just like that July 1st is announced.....

Wonder if yearly school contracts will be delayed till July for schools not doing online teaching. 

A July start could impact visas, jobs, pay in the short term and with Corona worries and health insurance requirements could see more foreign teachers return home as per the original OP question.

Views on this in light of this latest news.....

I'm staying. I have deferred my return to Australia from August to November, because I think COVID-19 has at least 6 months to run, and being locked up in quarantine for two weeks in Oz. does not appeal. No danger of running out of toilet paper here, movement for shopping much less restricted. I don't know if I am safer here or there; however, I am following mask and social isolation protocols.

I am fortunate in having enough cash on hand for 15 - 18 months. Sorry, not giving to Gofundme.