New Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R

Damrongsak

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Wasnt the little Honda CBR 250 RR about that price , but with half the cylinders , fewer riding aids and just 37 BHP

I saw around 250,000 baht mentioned.  Elsewhere 847,000 yen in Japan.  

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:
10 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Wasnt the little Honda CBR 250 RR about that price , but with half the cylinders , fewer riding aids and just 37 BHP

I think people who are interested in the Kawasaki are interested in 4 cylinders and a high rev screaming engine.

A 2 cylinder will never produced any sound like that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Yeah the CBR was 249,000 which actually makes the ZX-25R look slightly better value considering it's a far superior spec to the Honda.

Kawasaki's are normally quite well priced in Thailand so with the strong Baht and the Japan-Thai FTA I reckon 299,000 Baht is possible. Obviously you're going to need around another 30k or so to add the Yoshi exhaust, it would be criminal not to.

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

30k or so to add the Yoshi exhaust, it would be criminal not to.

Wait until it is released into Indonesia and get an Indonesian exhaust for about 5000 baht. Or even a local Thai one.

Although mine has not arrived yet! 

Ixil for me but....

Edited by VocalNeal

• 1 month later...

Released in Indo this week.

https://www.rushlane.com/kawasaki-zx25r-launch-price-is-idr-96-million-12367392.html

IDR96 million is about 210,000 Baht but Facebook is saying about 250,000 Baht in Thailand. The only thing putting me off is the weight. 182 kg is quite a lot for a 250. Looking forward to some reviews soon. Hopefully they'll have one at the BKK motor show later this week.

image.png.84fa2f089e495dfebc4f746f0ea5c817.png

• Like 1

269,000 for the SE model.

The standard model gets dual-channel ABS but the SE variant gets different riding modes, traction control system, and a bi-directional quickshifter.

That's a pretty good spec. 

Showa sourced 37 mm separate function forks with 120 mm wheel-travel and horizontal back link mono-shock with pre-load adjustability and 116 mm wheel-travel. And handling the braking duties are four-piston 310 mm front and single-piston 220 mm rear disc brakes. 

Let's say 300k all in with that Yoshi pipe. Tasty! ????

image.png.3f7144828cf1981ea0fb3e1c8581ab1d.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

The features look good. But at nearly the price and weight of a 650... I dunno. Not sure if it will be popular in Thailand as there's no 250cc step in any regulations/laws.

Yeah if the specs I've seen are correct it's heavier, pricier and less torquey than the Ninja 400 which will certainly be used as a stick to beat it with, maybe rightly so.

Of course, the suspension, brakes, QS and blipper, TC etc. make it a much higher spec bike. I need to see it really, but there's definitely something intangible about it that appeals to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

but there's definitely something intangible about it that appeals to me.

Yes I think that's the essence of it and what in the end can make a really good bike! Something that's not exactly good value or makes too much sense but... there's the intangible that pulls you and the specs (apart from torque heh) are good so maybe can make you happy for a long time, it is special.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's all about the sound.

Many of us who had a high revving bike love that sound and that sound feels fast - even if in reality other bigger bikes are faster.

For me it was about 2 things.

1. The sound.

2. The lightweight feel/flickability of a small machine. At 182kgs that's kind of gone. My trusty old Ninja 250R is 170kgs and feels like a bit of a pig sometimes. 

The old ZXR250R's were about 160kg wet. 182kg is a lot for a 250. My MT09 is only a few kg more than that now I've replaced the exhaust.

It almost seems like it must be the wrong figure. Hope so.

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

For me it was about 2 things.

1. The sound.

2. The lightweight feel/flickability of a small machine. At 182kgs that's kind of gone. My trusty old Ninja 250R is 170kgs and feels like a bit of a pig sometimes. 

The old ZXR250R's were about 160kg wet. 182kg is a lot for a 250. My MT09 is only a few kg more than that now I've replaced the exhaust.

It almost seems like it must be the wrong figure. Hope so.

According to Wikipedia my favorite VFR400 NC30 weights 164 kg dry or 182 kg wet.

That bike, with a low center of gravity and a low rider position felt pretty nimble - but not like a small 250cc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VFR400

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

According to Wikipedia my favorite VFR400 NC30 weights 164 kg dry or 182 kg wet.

That bike, with a low center of gravity and a low rider position felt pretty nimble - but not like a small 250cc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VFR400

Yeah it's possibly that it's perfectly balanced with the weight low down and therefore feels very nimble.

Unfortunately, being Thailand it's going to be very difficult to get a test ride to find out. I'll have to wait for some reviews.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

check my bank account...

Miles to much for my bank account  no need to check !  ????

..I'll just have stick with the rather old and tatty 2 smoker 150cc 12,000 RPM   160+ KPH  (speedo indicated)

8,500 baht.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

Miles to much for my bank account  no need to check !  ????

..I'll just have stick with the rather old and tatty 2 smoker 150cc 12,000 RPM   160+ KPH  (speedo indicated)

8,500 baht.

Something like 8,500THB per month might work ;) 

• Like 1