BANGKOK
webfact

Trump wants to send Americans $1,000 checks to cushion virus economic shock

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

In fact, virtually no Republicans backed Obama's 800 billion stimulus plan in 2009 even though it was about 40% tax cuts. Not only that, they were actually pushing for austerity at the onset of the worst recession since the Great Depression. Austerity was the major issue animating the economic illiterates of the Tea Party. And once the Republicans got hold of the House in 2010, they managed to slow the recovery massively.

That was part of sabotaging Obama.  Now that there is a Repub president running for reelection the Repub Senate is quite willing to shell out.

This wasn't Trump's idea. But I don't have a problem with it. Most of that money is going to go back into the economy. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes, unfortunately.  So we got the horrible Bush 2 for 8 years and, now, the even worse Trump.

Yes unfortuanately. So we got the horibble Obama for 8 years. Fixed it for you.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, zydeco said:

Getting better. But I like the idea that we are all in this together. A few at the top (I'm talking about you Boeing) should not make out like bandits for designing faulty airplanes and using their loans and profits to buy back their own stock. No firm that engaged in stock buybacks should get any bailout money until and unless they they sell off the stock they bought back.

I just saw the spike in unemployment claims this week across all states. Good God! The level of seriousness is beyond my making social media demands. A handful of people are now attempting to manage this crisis based upon their collective wisdom and knowledge. I wish them only to do their best to keep the nation afloat. God speed the end to this.

As for Thailand, and the world, my hopes are the same.