BANGKOK
Mulambana

Small Car For Pattaya Traffic - Suggestions

Posted (edited)

I want a small car to drive around in Pattaya and trips to Bangkok/Satta Hip. I have limited driving experience in Bangkok/Pattaya using rental cars (Toyota and Honda) from AVIS. What car would be idle? Should I buy new or used? 
Budget is less than 600K BHT (20K USD). 

Thinking about a Toyota Yarris/VIOS or Honda city/Jazz. Any other choices? 

Edited by Mulambana

Difficult to advise, you quote different size cars, though your choices are all very reliable rides.

4 minutes ago, essox essox said:

mitsubishi mirage, do not know the price of new one !!!

I had a Mitsubishi Attrage, great little car, and the Mirage is about the same. Prices upto 540k for the top models. But the Yaris/VIOS all good cars.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, essox essox said:

mitsubishi mirage, do not know the price of new one !!!

I'm checking mirage also. 510K for the base price with automatic. How is it compared to Yarris/Jazz accessery wise? Between Yarris/Mirrage which one is better accesory wise? Engine/performance may be same. Price of Yarris base model is 30K more compared to mirrage but does not have screen display. Mirrage has screen display in the base model. Assuming both are ABS and have both driver side and passenger side airbag. None have cruise control. Leaning towards mirrage now.

Edited by Mulambana

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Does it sew also ? 555

Yes, it has the similar numbers/HP as my ol' 1071cc Cooper S, and handles much the same with the addition of power steering and brakes that work......Oh what fun eh......😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

I'm checking mirage also. 510K for the base price with automatic. How is it compared to Yarris/Jazz accessery wise? Between Yarris/Mirrage which one is better accesory wise? Engine/performance may be same. Price of Yarris base model is 30K more compared to mirrage but does not have screen display. Mirrage has screen display in the base model. Assuming both are ABS and have both driver side and passenger side airbag. None have cruise control. Leaning towards mirrage now.

why do you need cruise control ?? when you want to drive around pattaya ???

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

I have a weeeeeeeee Suzuki Celerio with CVT,

CVT trans......ooh deary me :cheesy:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Erm...  duh !! cos someone may wish to drive a little further afield !!!... 

Op.. the little Mazda’s come fairly well specced out.

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/mazda-2-sports-high-connect-bangkok-metropolitan-srinagarindra-thepharak/6635688

Or even a Mazda 3

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mulambana said:

I want a small car to drive around in Pattaya and trips to Bangkok/Satta Hip.

12 minutes ago, essox essox said:

24 minutes ago, petermik said:

CVT trans......ooh deary me :cheesy:

Weeeeeeeeeeell, most of my cars were autos of some sort, even the quickest....😋

burnout2.jpg.2ada2be808a7d44879d768c3cfa27aff.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

here are some tips from me:

- original accessories in cars are often obsolete and grossly overpriced, it's often better to have aftermarket gadgets fitted afterwards

- the one thing that will always be a limitation is cargo space. buy the car with the most cargo space

- newer cars are much more expensive to maintain and fix due to expensive electronics and they have many more small parts that suffer wear and tear, often newer cars require original parts too that are much more expensive

- brand mechanic shops in Thailand are 2 to 3 times more expensive than the tinkerer around the corner

I think you will get the best value for your money buying cars such as a 2010 Honda CRV. These are quite cheap.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Yes, it has the similar numbers/HP as my ol' 1071cc Cooper S, and handles much the same with the addition of power steering and brakes that work......Oh what fun eh......😋

The best - excellent choice !