Small Car For Pattaya Traffic - Suggestions

52 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

I recommend a used Nissan March.  They are very small yet roomy inside.  The ride is fairly rough but the car is a real workhorse and easily accommodates 4 people.

Thanks, I will research the Nissan March but a quick look indicates it is 100K more than a celerio for a new one. Glad I posted in this forum and got lots of suggestions. Now is the research time.

Edited by Mulambana

The current Yaris, you can get a Sporty Hatchback, 1.2 with nearly all the bell and whistles for 565,000, I got a 2007, with 110,000 used mainly around Pattaya, Sattahip, serviced regularly each year, only major service was the A/C and rear constant velocity joint since purchase. For the money if replace will be another Yaris.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Do you buy one for each foot like roller skates?

You maybe surprised to know that the four doors are the same width as my Vigo, the headroom is the same as my Vigo, plus, has seating and seat belts for five people......????

Amazing eh....????

• Like 1

A not so enthusiastic review of the Suzuki Ciaz in the Bangkok Post.

It's not allowed to link here, so you have to do a search.

(Suzuki Ciaz 1.2 RS facelift)

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 3/17/2020 at 11:30 PM, transam said:

I have a weeeeeeeee Suzuki Celerio with CVT, goes well, can park near anywhere too. Engine is just under 1000cc, so is cheap to tax and insure, plus runs on E20. Mine has bigger wider wheels than standard so is a blast to chuck around....????

https://www.suzuki.co.th/th/celerio

758679403_Kapookracecar....jpg.eca69465264876247f10732ba55df39b.jpg

Sooooo disappointing! Always pictured you more like this...:clap2:

If The Smokey And The Bandit Car Was Chosen Today, Would THIS Be It?

On 3/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, Mulambana said:

Not a bad idea. But I would prefer a VIOS/CIVIC/JAZZ small cars. I see 2011/2012 models are selling for around 100K with around 100K kilometers. Is that too cheap to beleive or the right price?

Honda CRV is quite compact.

Why do you prefer very small cars? you will already run into space problems when picking up 2 friends at the airport.

I really appreciate being able to pickup 3 friends at the airport, packing 4 golf bags or 8 girls into the car.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:55 AM, Mulambana said:

Thinking about a Toyota Yarris/VIOS or Honda city/Jazz. Any other choices? 

When I lived in Pattaya I bought a new Nissan March for 400k, one of the smallest in size , but very comfortable to drive , even for a tall person like me.   
Nissan are also very good when it comes to service , never had a problem with them. And you can park almost anywhere. 

nissan-march-front-angle-low-view-279837

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:54 AM, transam said:

You maybe surprised to know that the four doors are the same width as my Vigo, the headroom is the same as my Vigo, plus, has seating and seat belts for five people......????

Amazing eh....????

I'll bet it turns to <deleted> a lot quicker in an accident than ya vigo !!

On 3/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, tgw said:

I think you will get the best value for your money buying cars such as a 2010 Honda CRV. These are quite cheap.

With an odometer reading everyone can rely on, yes?

• Like 1

Go with the Yaris or Mirage.

The Honda City is more powerful but does not feel as well built and specced out as the others. It also has a major fault in the location of the trunk opener which is persistently activated by loose seat belts hooking it. Terrible design. Would never happen in Germany.

Make sure your car radio includes the bluetooth option so you can easily connect and control your Galaxy Note 9 as it plays proper radio from your home country over Audials.

14 minutes ago, tgw said:

I don't see the purpose - just assume the car has 150.000Km

I prefer to assume any vehicle here sold by a Thai secondhand dealer has at least 250,000 km. That's why I don't buy them.

• Like 1

I found a Mirrage, 2019, 5,000 KM, 4 years of warranty still left for 345KBHT. The new 2020 model is 510K. Is this a good price in Thailand? I know in the USA car prices drop as soon as you drive out of the new car lot. So comparision may not be meaningful. But I did checked the KBB, the used car price is 9K USD (same 3K miles and 2019 model) and the new 2020 model is 15K USD

Edited by Mulambana

On 3/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, The Fat Controller said:

We love our little Celerio, very economical and aircon copes well on the hottest days in Ubon.

Oh... well, that's it then eh trans.

I mean 2 outta 3 OAP's swear by their Celerios.

Sorted.

Meanwhile, the OP has been quite active on the corona threads, impolitely lambasting all and sundry for either being a dick head or having dick head governments while swearing only Incredible India has this Covid-19 licked.

And suddenly here he is, being all self-isolating and socially distant while swanning about in a car all around the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand.

I hope he's washing his hands TWICE as much as everyone else has to.

40 minutes ago, transam said:

So would a Honda Click, you be careful out there eh...????

Reminds me, its been months since it was started so  I should flush the fuel system cause that gasahol garbage has prolly gone off.