Small Car For Pattaya Traffic - Suggestions

13 hours ago, Mulambana said:

I found a Mirrage, 2019, 5,000 KM, 4 years of warranty still left for 345KBHT. The new 2020 model is 510K. Is this a good price in Thailand? I know in the USA car prices drop as soon as you drive out of the new car lot. So comparision may not be meaningful. But I did checked the KBB, the used car price is 9K USD (same 3K miles and 2019 model) and the new 2020 model is 15K USD

I think you will find the warranty does not carry over to the next owner. Otherwise OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

I think you will find the warranty does not carry over to the next owner. Otherwise OK.

I have to call Mitsubushi to find out. In the US, warranty goes with the car not the owner. THe same is true for the third party extended Warranty.

Edited by Mulambana

12 hours ago, Mulambana said:

I have to call Mitsubushi to find out. In the US, warranty goes with the car not the owner. THe same is true for the third party extended Warranty.

of course the warranty is transferrable ! ... The manufacturer is guaranteeing the car ..

47 minutes ago, piston broke said:

of course the warranty is transferrable ! ... The manufacturer is guaranteeing the car ..

So we wait for the "of course" verdict. Is this based on Thailand or another country?

But hey, I've be shocked before.????

Edited by VocalNeal

On 3/21/2020 at 11:38 AM, Mulambana said:

instead of listing to the "doom and gloom" merchants on here - why not go and have a look at the car and chat your warranty concerns over with the owner...

I cannot see warranties not being fully transferable, otherwise the price of second hand cars would plumbet.

i know in the past i have bought a second hand car (and scooter) and had a problem and was fixed under warranty ....

So i'd be taking what "vocal Neil" said with a pinch of salt ...

2 minutes ago, properperson said:

instead of listing to the "doom and gloom" merchants on here - why not go and have a look at the car and chat your warranty concerns over with the owner...

I cannot see warranties not being fully transferable, otherwise the price of second hand cars would plumbet.

i know in the past i have bought a second hand car (and scooter) and had a problem and was fixed under warranty ....

So i'd be taking what "vocal Neil" said with a pinch of salt ...

Chat with the owner..............????.........

12 hours ago, properperson said:

chat your warranty concerns over with the owner...

Most ridiculous staement I have ever read. Even if the owner knows the exact situaion, why he would divulge that to me and what recourse I would have from owner if later Mistubishi says no warranty goes with the owner not wih the car.? 

On 3/17/2020 at 11:05 PM, Mulambana said:

I'm checking mirage also. 510K for the base price with automatic. How is it compared to Yarris/Jazz accessery wise? Between Yarris/Mirrage which one is better accesory wise? Engine/performance may be same. Price of Yarris base model is 30K more compared to mirrage but does not have screen display. Mirrage has screen display in the base model. Assuming both are ABS and have both driver side and passenger side airbag. None have cruise control. Leaning towards mirrage now.

We are is a same situation as you, We needed a car that would mostly sit idle most of the time, as we don't live in Thailand full time yet, and were tired of renting. 

About 3 or 4 years ago we purchased a 2014 Mirage used with 15K Km on the clock, from a family friend who owns a used car lot in Khon Kaen. 

It has being a perfect little car for as. Comfortable, roomy, and reliable. Except for the passenger side mirror not automatically foulding when parking (it could easily be fixed but we don't care) we never had a problem. Plenty of power with even four people and luggage in.

My sister In Law drives it once in a while , because it is not good for a car to sit unused for long periods of time. She has the Attrage but says she wishes she had bought the Mirage because of the rear huch and folding rear seat utility.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, Mulambana said:

I found a Mirrage, 2019, 5,000 KM, 4 years of warranty still left for 345KBHT. The new 2020 model is 510K. Is this a good price in Thailand? I know in the USA car prices drop as soon as you drive out of the new car lot. So comparision may not be meaningful. But I did checked the KBB, the used car price is 9K USD (same 3K miles and 2019 model) and the new 2020 model is 15K USD

resale prices are a function of perceptions and market conditions, so you can't compare resale prices between the US and Thailand. 

In the US Isuzu pickups never caught on and stop selling, In Thailand are considered the best. Go figure. 

In the US you don't see many Mirage, in Thailand every third car is a Mirage. 

As I said in my previous, post we have one in Thailand for a few years now and we love it. I would gladly buy another. The Suzuki Celerio looks like a nice little car also If I was looking at cars i would look at that one aslo. . 

• Like 1