'Do not travel overseas': Australia raises restriction to highest level

webfact

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Give it a rest with the 'we'.

I don't eat bush meat and neither do you.

'We' (civilised white folk) need to stop 'them' if anything is to change.

And the only way that will happen is by a war of extermination, Chinese to die first ....... good luck with that!

So the reality is nothing will ever change.

'We' will do what we want to do, and 'they' will do what they want to do.

....... and 'they' have the goddamned cheek to call 'us' 'dirty farangs' ............

I know what you mean ... But when I say " we " I mean mankind as a species , the homo sapiens .

In the way I look at things there is no fundamental difference to people because of the color of their skin ...

It is just the education or culture that is different or sometimes lacking ...

If you , same me , would be interested in Astronomy , you would know that there are billions of planets out there , and billions of " dominant species " as well ...

Or do you think that we are alone in Universe ?

Each species need to ensure it's own survival to be able to continue evolution .

If not able to ... = failed ! Did not pass the test , disappears as a species and leaves place for a new one ...

You see , I do not care about nationalities ... we are all the same species , no matter what color .

All this is part of a philosophy that I call the " Astrophilosophy " because it is based on facts that Astronomers proved to be real and true .

This Philosophy gives the answer to many big questions ... but to really understand it , you need to know about Astronomy first .

This is why I say " We " instead of " me "

Anyway , have a nice day , take care and stay home ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You should still be talking about 'us' and 'them' IMHO.

Because it's 'them' causing nearly all the problems.

" Us " and  " them " ... together it still is 'we ' or ' us ' ...

The crisis " we " as a species are in , can only be solved together , the virus does not care about nationalities also ...

The white , (caucasian) , well educated an civilized part of the " homo sapiens " species did actually cause a lot of problems and destruction on this planet already ... most of it to be true ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the reality is nothing will ever change.

'We' will do what we want to do, and 'they' will do what they want to do.

....... and 'they' have the goddamned cheek to call 'us' 'dirty farangs' ............

I am sorry , but in reality we are at the beginning of big change already ...

Just wait , ( I hope that you have time enough for this ) , even after ( hopefully ) that tiny little virus , ( ( you'll need an electron microscope to see it , normal microscopes can only show the effect the virus has on human cells , not the virus itself ) , is gone , the world will not be the same anymore ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

err ... Jary ... maybe you need to follow developments in Australia over the last twenty years more closely ... even the finest planes operated by Qantas will not operate on the crunchy brown or black fossil fuel coal that Australia has plenty of ...

AVgas? Australia does not refine it ... along with diesel and petrol, it's imported ...

fuel.JPG.b86b0ca7d1bcf5378c312af494a1c11d.JPG

... and recently, after media pointed out that Australia is running on about 3 weeks reserve of ALL petro-fuel, Oz government hurriedly signed an emergency supply agreement with USA ... given the er ... emotional state of the CEO of that country, you may think what you like of that guarantee.

Thank you for playing pdtokyo... and I fear I might have mislead you. I do not believe Australia will produce all of its Avgas needs. It does not want too and it is available cheaper as an import. (Mainly from Singapore, who receive the bulk of our crude production)

I did not claim that Australia did or would or could, produce sufficient avgas, I simply meant that we will not be isolated thru lack of it.

Australia produces a very limited supply of avgas in Victoria, which will be enough to supply fuel as needed in any emergency. Further, the current supply ratios of fuel by Australian refineries can be altered, to produce more avgas, in need.

also... Australian supply of crude to the international producers could well be contingent on a return of a large proportion, to fuel Australia, via sea transport, which should survive this virus... a quid pro quo, if you will, as trade as a means, is a valid way of securing goods, and what does Australia have to trade in abundance... raw materials and fossil fuels.

perhaps a take away from all of this will be to regulate that domestic refineries retain the ability to produce a greater percentage of avgas or critical fuels etc etc etc. I believe it will... certainly in a world that has seen the trashing of previous, seemingly bomb proof accords, on a whim

To that end.... your last comment is the significant one. Your right. Trusting an outspoken nationalist during an international crisis is foolhardy... especially one that is a demonstrable liar of the worst order... it’s like his personal Tourette syndrome